Recent Jobs in a Full-service Real Estate Development Company
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service Real Estate Development company who specializes in the entire lifecycle of Real Estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Ref Id: BS/0923/QS
Department: Construction and Development
Supervisor: Project Manager
Summary / Objective
- The quantity surveyor will be responsible for total project cost management andoperational efficiency. He is responsible for preparing cost estimates and determining optimal quantity and price of materials.
- The quantity surveyor should be able to negotiating appropriately and get value for money whilst ensuring the project meets all legal and quality assurance requirements and regulation.
- The quantity surveyor will be responsible for periodical financial review on projects, managing projects finances and also ensure adequate information flow to client.
- Carrying out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin.
- Maximizing value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations. Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors.
- Preparing cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluating tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Controlling all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitoring and keeping track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Working as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carrying out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Providing advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment Cost management process
- Communicating regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Managing and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitoring all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Suppling all relevant information to the Managing partners and project manager for review at the specified intervals set.
- Assisting the managing partners with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good academic qualification (degree) from a recognized university; Relevant postgraduate qualifications and / or certification with NIQS ; Contract Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ post-qualification active experience in the same position in a real estate development company / construction company.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft office applications; Autocad, and at least one “take-off” software
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
- Excellent communicating and negotiating skills
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to use Construction Costing Software
- Demonstrable experience in construction contracts.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Job Title: Project Architect
Job Code: BS/004/ARC
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Project Architect.
Job Category: Experienced
- The Project Architect will work closely with the Construction team, and will coordinate with outside consultants/administrators to review drawings, and generally will be responsible for the day-to-day handling of the company’s architectural drawings and readings.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating and monitoring architectural designs from conception to construction to meet client’s specifications, and act as an intermediary between the client and the Construction Team.
- Taking responsibility for leading and managing projects from concept design stage, through development of design and all necessary stages or applications for statutory approvals, production information, specifications, tender process, including carrying out inspections of projects on site.
- Working collaboratively in a dynamic office setting, contributing to all phases of planning, design, construction administration and staff mentoring.
- Cooperating in the development of designs using hand sketching, AutoCAD, Revit, and other software.
- Guiding the team to develop high quality construction bid documents.
- Reviewing building codes and standards to evaluate design compliance.
- Developing construction drawings and specifications that incorporate client, regulatory, and industry standards requirements.
- Producing detailed working drawings and specifications as well as 3D drawings and other pictorial presentations for clarity.
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required for a project.
- Regular Site visits to check progress of construction and preparing Site reports during construction.
- Participating in internal and external meetings.
- Supervising andcoaching trainees.
- Developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establishing andmaintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Creating andmaintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- Tracking project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals report and escalate to management as needed.
- Meeting budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirments
- Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Professional Qualification: NIA.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years + in similar role.
- Be a Member of Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON).
- Proficient in architectural System and Knowledge.
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and Adobe editing system.
- Highly motivated and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills.
- Excellent use of Architectural Software’s (i.e. AutoCAD, Revit designs, etc.).
- Proven experience in architectural document production and team coordination.
- In-depth ability to read, develop and interpret architectural drawings.
- Ability to develop, communicate, and present design concepts orally and graphically.
- Proficiency with Revit, Sketch-Up, and AutoCAD Suite is required.
- Experience and interest in high-performance architectural design.
- Conversant with National and International Codes, Standards and Architectural Practices.
Deadline: 24th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in MS Word format only) to: email@example.com using “Quantity Surveyor” as the subject of the email.