MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optix Engineer
- NOC process (incident handling process/INC/PT,) network products knowledge
- Highly experienced in Nokia DWDM
- Must have a good knowledge on fiber optic transmission.
- Must have good hands-on working experience on the following NOKIA/Alcatel Lucent Devices: 1830 PSS16, 32, 36, 63, 24-X and 1621 SLE.
- Must be able to prepare report for onward transmission to customers
- Must have good hands-on working experience on the following devices: OSN 6800 / OSN 8800 / OSN 1800, Nokia PSS Series Nodes, CTN Nodes.
- Must be able to interpret alarms on the NMS and handle same based on standard resolution process.
- Must have the basic knowledge in transmission (DWDM Principles)
- Must be able to provide technical support to L2/ L1 Back Office resource when required in the event of network faults so as to aid speedy resolution of same.
- Ability to support health check activity and analysis of risks diagnosed.
- Must be able to give remote support to Field Engineers during fault management / troubleshooting activity.
- Must have broad knowledge with regards to the use of Transmission test equipment, such as Optical Power Meter, multi-meter, SDH/PDH and Optical Spectrum analyser, Optical Light Source, etc.
- Must be able to provide support to customers, ensuring all their requests within the work scope are handled and timely too.
- Knowledge of other Product like Huawei OSN Series equipment, ZTE, Tellabs 7100 / 8600 Series / 6300 Series will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems for Network Elements Management
- Should be able to guide the fiber team on how to resolve fiber-related faults
- Should be able to judge and confirm the status of optical fiber link from the NMS.
Job Title: Enterprise Architect
- Oversee the design and implementation of Enterprise Solutions / Applications and provide Operational Business Information for day-to-day running of the business.
- Provide overall guidance and direction in the execution of the functions and activities of the Enterprise Solutions unit.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide input in the definition of IT policies, projects, and service levels.
- Provide input in the development of the Enterprise Solution / Application strategy and plan in line with overall IT strategy and the company’s needs and objectives.
- Assist the Director, IT in communicating the division’s strategic direction and objectives to Enterprise Solution unit.
- Coordinate the development of policies, processes and procedures for the design, deployment, and integration of customer’s Enterprise Solutions / Applications.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the team / function’s activities.
- Continuously review the unit / team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement, and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit / function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with user departments to determine the Enterprise Solution / Applications needs of the organization.
- Ensure alignment of identified Enterprise Solutions / Applications with the customer’s business and IT strategy.
- Coordinate detailed preliminary review of new / proposed Enterprise Solution / Application, to determine alignment with customer’s business and IT strategy.
- Oversee the identification and documentation of user requirements for new Enterprise Solutions / Applications.
- Coordinate the documentation of Request for Proposal / Request for Quotation for new enterprise solution based on user requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of vendors for deployment of Enterprise Solutions / Applications.
- Oversee the solution development life cycle, ensuring compliance with specified standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Liaise with Program Managers to coordinate the development and implementation of project plans and timelines, to meet Enterprise Solutions / Applications needs.
- Oversee user acceptance testing and go-live of new Enterprise Solutions / Applications in liaison with relevant business teams.
- Oversee post implementation review of deployed Enterprise Solutions / Applications and ensure timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Provide support and expertise in the deployment of off-the-shelf software applications.
- Ensure adequate user training on new Enterprise Solutions / Applications.
- Ensure adequate post-implementation support for deployed solutions in liaison with user support team.
- Coordinate continuous evaluation of system performance in order to ensure continuing relevance of Enterprise Solutions / Applications provided.
- Oversee deployment of patches and upgrades to installed Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Manage relationships with third party IT vendors/suppliers.
- Keep self and teams abreast of business process changes and proactively identify and develop solutions to ensure optimization of technology in business processes.
- Implement the function’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Prepare / compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, IT.
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in Computer Science or any engineering related course.
- Professional qualifications (ETOM, TOGAF, etc.) are a must, ITIL certification (is an added advantage)
- Seven (7) to twelve (12) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years in a managerial role. (preferred)
- Experience in system architecture is desirable may be advantageous.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience in modelling and graphic representations.
Deadline: 11th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.