Going Active is a dedicated individual and organisational learning consultancy, with extensive experience of working with international organisations in Nigeria. The Going Active consultancy is based in the biggest emerging economy in Africa, Nigeria and London, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Support and maintain HVAC, Generators, Power Distribution systems-LV & HV, UPS, fuel supply pipe lines, and lighting installations to maintain 100% service uptime.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose failed equipment to determine root cause of equipment failure; take corrective action and ensure reliability improvements.
- Support and perform preventive maintenance & calibration to ensure optimum working condition of supporting infrastructure
- Assist in mechanical systems and electrical infrastructure improvement projects
- Installs, maintains and repairs automation and control systems
- Assist in mechanical and electrical equipment set up and installation
- Responsible for spares inventory management
- Carry out mechanical & Electrical related task as assigned by superior
- Participate in technical audits and compliance assessments, and ensure closure of corrective action plans
- Carry out other tasks as assigned within the scope of the job position.
- Mandatory to be available on 24/7 basis to respond to all infrastructure emergencies
- Coordinate and manage all facility housekeeping (Cleaning of offices and critical environments) through a janitorial service vendor
- A degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional experience in the areas of Data Centre Operations Management.
- Master in Facility/Project Management is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Generator Specialist
- We are looking for an experienced Generator Specialist
- The position is responsible for performing complex skilled and technical work in the repair, maintenance and installation of generators, automatic transfer switches, generator and transfer switch control circuits and by-pass pumps to ensure power supply is available to the facility.
- Facility power/ energy management, to champion energy optimization using EDGE, and Energy Conservation.
- Interfacing with power distribution companies in ensuring delivery of quality and reliable power to the facility. Ability to perform routine checks on energy transformers, energy meters, RMU, AMF, MLV and other LV distribution components and accessories.
- Liaising with alternative power OEM to ensure prompt resolution of issues and provision of RCA documents; requisition and stocking of critical spares
- Reporting and tracking on facility energy consumption, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of energy consumption and trends and facility energy forecast
- Diesel and energy fuel management: accurate record keeping and tracking of fuel consumption trends, forecast for short term and long term need. Elimination of disputes arising from fuel delivery/consumption by introducing automation and reinforcement of best practices in operation.
- Power support: able to render 1st, 2nd and where possible 3rd level support on all power generating infrastructures diesel generators, gas generators grid distribution system/ panel.
- Constantly analyze various power sources and benchmark results with industry standards to track variations and or deviations to ensure that right power quality is delivered to the facility.
- Regularly conduct earth and other integrity tests
- Work in the Data centre space for power provisioning, ATS configuration and DC power retrofits
Minimum Job Requirements
- Not less than five years progressive experience in Facility Maintenance
- Sound industry experience in energy management and alternative energy systems
- Familiarity with MV and LV panels and distribution systems
- Strong Troubleshooting skill using relevant tools, equipment and software aimed at issue resolution and right incident management
- Ability to use AutoCAD, MS Visio & Sketchup to generate drawings and SLDs as well as the use of CMMS software.
- Strong Negotiation skill/Vendor relationship management and sound Inventory management
- Ability to work in a team.