Radio Operator at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job ID: ABJ201900137
- Port Harcourt Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of: Radio Operator
- Under supervision of the Finance and Administration manager, the Radio Operator operates the ICRC’s telecommunications equipment. S/he maintains radio contact and telecommunications between sites, vehicles and people so that the delegation can follow field movements in accordance with its programme and with security rules.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of Secondary education
- Diploma in ICT or Electronic, additional vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field will be an asset
- Experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Very good knowledge of Windows based computers
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment Basic mechanical skills
Desired profile and skills:
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently operates all radio and satellite equipment for voice and data communication
- Independently facilitates radio and telecommunication contacts and permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
- Selects most efficient mean of communication (inside and outside ICRC), taking in account format electronic or paper), speed and price
- Operates all machines for Voice (Tel, VHF, HF) and satellite telephone and maintains daily radio and operations in the field mobile log
- Acts quickly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant managements to contain and help solve critical
- incidents maintain a detailed incident log for security reports
- Registers and treats incoming and outgoing information confidentially, rapidly and with accuracy
Deadline: 17th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV, Cover Letter and details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “ABJ201900137 Radio Operator POH” as the subject of their application.
Important Information and Notice
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality,status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.