The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Purchaser
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (Alima Maiduguri Project Office)
Report To: Project Logistic Manager
Functional With: Project Logistic Supply Manager
Response / Supervise: None
Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts
Main Purpose in the Organisation
- The purchaser, under the direct supervision of the Supply Supervisor and overall supervision of the Supply Manager, is responsible for procurement activities in Maiduguri project office.
- He /She has to plan, organize procurement activities in compliance with ALIMA procedures and ensure timely delivery, reception and dispatching of goods as required
Responsibilities / Main Activities
- Maintain a proper record system of procurement documentation at all times.
- Send out of Request for quotations, preparing purchase orders and Supplier purchase orders as per the validation table.
- Cross check the amount in deliveries, invoices versus the Supplier Purchase order before sending the file to finance team for payments.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with different suppliers and avoid purchasing from very limited number of suppliers without checking prices, quality, guarantees and services on a regular basis.
- Ensure guaranteeing for a long period of time for all items of a certain price according to protocols.
- Updating of supply (IR) procurement data base (IR Tracking sheet) on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and submit monthly IR report to Logistics Manager for compilation.
- Photocopy and file procurement documents,
- Prepare payment to Finance.
- Maintain proper filling system for the supply department at all times.
- Maintain the standard price list for the project, and take lead in doing market surveys when due together with the Log manager.
- Review Complete IRs, purchase order, and Supplier Purchase orders and verifying them before submitting for signatures
- Collect enough quotations for all items depending on the validation table thresholds.
- Ensure that complete and official receipts or invoices are always given upon payment and that they reflect exact amount of money spent for each supplier.
- Keep areas of purchaser area clean and tidy.
- Look after all equipment provided.
Key Result areas:
- Proper documentation of procurement documents as per the validation thresholds.
- Timely submission of weekly procurement reports (IR tracking Sheet)
- Proper filling of the procurement documents as advised by the Supply Manager
- Timely payments to vendors, constructors and consultants etc.
- Essential: A Diploma in Purchase and Supply, Banking and Finance, Supply Chain Management and any other related field of study. Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel), power-point.
- Experience: At least 1-year experience in similar position with INGO
- Experience with INGO is strongly desired
- He/she should be autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities
- Excellent team player,
- Professionalism, integrity, interpersonal skill and goal focus
- Excellent negotiation skill
- Highly motivated
Note: The said list is not inclusive and may require the Employee to perform other duties as assigned by the Employer.
- Ability to work autonomously,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Team work,
- Critical spirit,
- Adherence to ALIMA principles teamwork and cooperation, results and quality awareness
- Work under stress.
- Good organization of his work
- Committed and hard worker.
- Flexible and meeting deadlines.
- English and Local Languages are essential
National Pay Scale Level 05
Deadline: 9th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Credentials, CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “PURCHASER MAIDUGURI – Nigeria” as the subject of the email.
Submit the Hard Copies in person at:
Alima Maiduguri Office,