Purchase Officer at Solidarities International
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchase Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with possible extension
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files.
Implementation of Purchasing Process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager;
- Ensure that the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations;
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers;
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors;
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically;
- Ensure that the format and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations.
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International;
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer’s requirements in terms of quantity and quality;
Reporting / Capitalization:
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers;
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders.
- Studies: Diploma in Logistics, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management;
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position with other INGO;
- Languages: English and Local Languages;
- IT: Good Knowledge of MS Office Word, Power-Point, and advance MS Office Excel knowledge;
- Qualification: Quick learner, Ability to work autonomously, Excellent organizational and negotiation skills, Flexibility to meet deadline, Hard worker.
What We Offer
Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Select Purchase Officer, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 11th August, 2021.