Protea Hotels by Marriott® Available Job Opportunity
Protea Hotels by Marriott® is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. If you have a passion for delivering every guest a personalized service experience and desire to be part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa’, join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team today! We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Location: Owerri, Imo
Job Number: 22050415
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card).
- Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations.
- Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of shift.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.