Project Control Manager at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client is looking for an experienced candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Control Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Project Control Manager oversees and directs all design engineers, drafters, and technical engineers working on specific projects.
- Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex designs.
- Oversees product construction and testing in order to ensure completion of projects as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Evaluates and approves changes that substantially impact the scope, budget, or schedule of a project. Additionally, Project Controls Manager monitors progress and performance against the project plan.
- Ensuring all project progress metrics are defined and maintained to provide the Project’s management team with accurate performance information.
- Interpreting and challenging supplier performance metrics (schedules, risk registers, change requests, EVM reporting etc).
- Monitor the project’s budget and Forecast Cost to Complete information.
- Maintaining the overall integrated project schedule, scope and change management, in compliance with shareholder’s standards.
- Leading and supporting the development of high level ‘what-if’ scenario planning in support of project decision-making.
- Supporting the integration, including managing the resolution of issues, between the building of the asset and the corresponding business.
- Ensuring project risk management and change management processes are in place and being followed, including project’s compliance with APMT gate review requirements.
- Participating in technical deep-dive reviews and project audits as required.
- Coordination and participation on cross functional workgroups within the project as well as within the exsisting business organization
candidate who has:
- Project management certification (e.g. APM, Prince2, MSP etc).
- Degree qualified in a technical or project management-based discipline is desired.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant project delivery experience, preferable in large complex multi-stakeholder projects.
- Minimum 5years of specific project controls multi-disciplined experience (scheduling, Work breakdown Structure management, risk management at quantive and qualitative levels, cost engineering, document management and change and variation management).
- English language fluency
- Earned Value Management implementation and management experience is an advantage.
- Preferably contractor management experience.
- Systems Knowledge
- Scheduling software experience (ideally Primavera P6)
- MS Office
- PMWeb (or similar contract management software)
- Organisational agility and a situational approach
- Strong personality – able to work with and comfortable in challenging all personnel at all levels within organisations.
- Technically minded – able to comprehend technical approaches and concepts and to articulate these to a wider audience.
- Strong planning skills and high analytical capability with a high sense for detail
- Disciplined and structured approach
- Strong communicator with a profound situational and cultural awareness
- Complex information analysis and presentation to non-project audiences
- Team player with a collaborative management style
Deadline: 12th February, 2021.