Programs Manager and Head, Start-ups & Youth Enterprise in a Non-Governmental Enterprise
Our client who is a leading non-governmental enterprise support organization whose primary focus is enabling Nigerian entrepreneurs succeeds at every level of their commercial undertaking through the provision of various business programs aimed at supporting and exploring their full potential, is looking to hire;
Job Title: Programs Manager and Head, Start-ups & Youth Enterprise
- Oversee the development of strategies and effective implementation of all Startups and Youth Programs in line with the organization’s direction under her School of Entrepreneurship
- Provide overall direction to key program team members in the School of Entrepreneurship’s Youth Enterprise Pre-Incubation and Incubation Programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the design, implementation, and delivery of all Startups and Youth Incubation Programs, as well as develop a framework to track and measure program outcomes.
- Liaise with the Head, Learning & Influence to design, revise, and implement a robust program curriculum, training plan, modules, and agenda that is aligned with current best practices in the entrepreneurship space.
- Build a mutually beneficial relationship with key program partners in order to provide quality, demand-driven services to micro, small, and medium-sized businesses.
- Develop key program solutions to support the needs of startups and young entrepreneurs in a way that enables relevance and growth.
- Identify enterprise funding partners to increase access to finance and the survival of youth and women-led startups, micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Develop an understanding of global best practices and ensure effective collaboration and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the program facilitators and partners to ensure compliance with and implementation of the program curriculum and act as the liaison between the organization’s School of Entrepreneurship.
- Promote and adopt good practices in business development, business advocacy, and mentoring of young entrepreneurs to rekindle the entrepreneurial spirit of youth.
- Work in collaboration with relevant partners to link entrepreneurs to existing business opportunities, promote mentorship opportunities, and enhance funding linkages to young entrepreneurs.
- Develop a program strategy that reflects the specific needs and capacities of several enterprises at different stages of their life cycles.
- Oversee and monitor participants recruitment process into programs, while ensuring compliance with the organization & requirements and standards.
- Oversee the development and management of tools and equipment to aid and facilitate learning programs, particularly for program participants living with disability.
- Manage and ensure the collation of relevant data across programs to be used to determine the impact of the program.
- Lead the unit & partner development (funding, technical, and research), including partner identification, proposal development, business developments, and reports.
- Stay abreast of related environmental or geographical constraints that may impact the successful implementation of programs.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Competencies and Skill Requirements
- Very good understanding of the Nigerian entrepreneurial space and key entrepreneurs/SME needs and requirements.
- Strong passion for leading program strategies that enable young aspiring entrepreneurs to develop the right foundation towards building a successful business.
- Strong public speaking, with confidence and convincing presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and evolving relationships.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office productivity tools.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work toward mutually agreeable solutions and be respectful towards others.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong supervisory, leadership and people management skills.
- Strong resource planning and utilization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically.
- Strong database management and reporting skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality and timeliness of key programs and project status reports.
- Quality and effective tracking and measurement of program outcomes.
- Timely completion of startup and youth enterprise programs within planned resources.
- Effective monitoring of entrepreneurs’ adherence to the Foundation’s policies and procedures.
- Timely and effective delivery of assigned tasks and projects.
- The successful implementation of key startup programs.
- Quality and timeliness of progress or project impact reports.
- The number of unresolved project issues or constraints.
- Adherence to the Foundation’s policies and procedures.
- Degree of adherence to agreed quality standards.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Sociology, Business Administration or related discipline (from any accredited university)
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Eight (8) years of work experience in an enterprise development agency incubator, small business, youth enterprise or any related non- profit training and learning program, with at least four (4) years at managerial level.
- Demonstrated ability to support aspiring and emerging entrepreneurs to start and grow their businesses.