Program Officer at The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN)
The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality and engender global best practices in HIV and TB care and treatment, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Adult Art (Three)
Locations: Central Office (Abuja) and Nasarawa
Job type: Full Time
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Adult ART
- Performing Quality Improvement and program evaluation, monitoring and administrative support.
- Providing quality of care assessment and ensuring that patients in health facilities receive high-quality comprehensive care and treatment according to recommended guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensuring strong linkages within the ART program at site level e.g. between HIV Counseling Testing Areas and Clinic, Laboratory and Clinic, referral between the PMTCT and the Adult Clinic.
- Establishing measures to assess impact of our program in the community.
- Participating in quality improvement, report writing and collation and, data analysis.
- Reporting all activities to the Senior Program Officer Adult ART, Program Manager Adult ART, Technical Advisor Adult ART and the Director/Head, Clinical Services Department.
- Adhering and abiding by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- Bridging the “know-do gap” in program implementation across sites.
- Working with health facility staff and focal persons and colleagues to effectively address operational challenges (including service logistics, staffing shortages, training needs and commodity supply).
- Identifying implementation bottlenecks in the Adult ART program across sites and proffer solutions.
- Carrying out any other duties/ assignments as directed by supervisors, program area leads and the Director Prevention Care and Treatment Department.
- Education: A minimum of University Degree in Medicine. MPH or related Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in the computer programming – Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency in data analysis, good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate data and prepare quality reports often under pressure and in complex situations.
- Being goal oriented with ability to plan and organize, make decisions, manage time and practice critical thinking.
- Proficiency in program narrative and proposal writing.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on TBHIV, care and treatment.
- She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR funded care and treatment program.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and management of HIV care and treatment programs.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
- Familiarity with the broad range of care and treatment issues. Understanding of the major issues affecting care and treatment with knowledge of the implementation of care and treatment programs in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 11th June, 2021.