Program Coordinator at the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF)
The Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The goal of the Fund is to institutionalize access to resources for women in politics in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Contract Type: Full Time
Reports To: Programme Team and the CEO
Contract Length: 5 years, renewable yearly
- Project’s Program Coordinator’s key tasks will be to realize the successful implementation of all the activities under the donor supported women political participation programme and work closely with officials of partner organizations and beneficiaries of the programme.
- The Programme Coordinator will have the responsibility for coordinating NWTF’s implementation of the program from the Abuja office and in all the focal states.
- The post holder will ensure that planning and implementation is in accordance with approved work plan and budget, while making certain that monitoring and evaluation is on track as well as the project visibility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences including Law, Political Science, Communications, Economics, Gender and Development, Public Policy and Management.
- A Master’s Degree in development or a related field is an added advantage.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area, broad familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in women political participation in the Nigerian context.
- The program coordinator must possess a certain degree of creativity, innovation and latitude including a good understanding and knowledge of the Nigerian democratic and political environment and its interplay around women’s inclusion and political participation.
- Must be female and familiar with development partners, government, and civil society organizations with demonstrated knowledge of the Nigerian political environment.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organization, attention to detail, leadership, clear spoken and written communication, active listening, and can perform a variety of tasks.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- A good expertise on women’s political participation issues, and an active interest in the workings of civil society.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Frequent travel in different communities to implement program activities is required.
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Office hours: Traditional Office hours of 8am – 5pm weekdays with some travel in and outside Abuja.
Negotiable and competitive within the sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV along with a Cover Letter, outlining relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.