Production & Regulatory Pharmacist at Saro Lifecare Limited
Saro Lifecare, a division of Saro Africa International operates in the Personal & Household Products Segment of the FMCG Industry in Nigeria, and is expanding its products range and manufacturing operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production & Regulatory Pharmacist
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Production and Regulatory Pharmacist (PRP) is tasked with the responsibility of managing the overall manufacturing operations in Saro Lifecare Pharmaceutical Plant along with ensuring total compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Strategic Production Planning, Implementation and control to deliver target business goals/objectives of Operational Efficiency, Cost Management & Profitability, Safety & Product Quality.
- Coordinating and maintaining the Plant’s manufacturing capital management and capacity planning process.
- Material Planning to ensure 100% offshore and locally sourced raw materials, packaging materials timely availability.
- Lead the local & offshore vendor management, material sourcing for competitive rates to achieve desired profitability goals.
- Responsible for the expansion of SLCs chemical & packaging supplier base for options that deliver target objectives.
- Accountable for the overall production operation management. Implements operational efficiency improvements, process optimisation, product quality, safety, production reliability excellence and maintenance, operator’s best practices.
- Leads the delivery of 100% finished goods availability with buffer stock coverage to ensure zero stock out.
- Drive breakthrough practices to achieve standard OEE.
- Oversees efficient management of raw materials, packaging materials, factory supplies, and the production of finished goods to meet all financial objectives.
Health & Safety:
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and improving safety in the plant, ensures adherence to health & safety guidelines to deliver zero accidents/losses.
- Leads the development of Safety policies & guidelines, Investigates potential threats for necessary Corrective and Preventive Action.
- Directs implementation, procurement and maintenance of Health and Safety Tools/gadgets.
- Reduces and proactively avoids environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses.
- Manages and maintains all production assets and utilities for operational efficiency.
- Drives periodic equipment maintenance in line with standard guidelines to eliminate operational downtime.
- Implements optimisation initiatives for optimum performance and efficiencies.
- Maintains a GMP audit ready production plant and operations.
- Drives the development of GMP culture for compliance of all production associates and operatives.
- Ensures compliance of product quality with all quality & regulatory standards.
- Manufacturing budget planning, implementation & control.
- Elimination of wastages through efficient resource and process management.
- Ensures zero budget overrun.
- Provides reports of functions on daily, weekly and periodic basis as may be needed by the Line Manager.
- Manages direct reports aligning deliverables with overall business strategic objectives.
- Build the Hypo culture in production associates.
- Ensures 100% compliance with SARO core values and guidelines.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a second-class upper degree in Pharmacy from a reputable institution.
- Registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Age: 28 – 35 years old.
Special Skills / Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Strong leadership and personnel development
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and resolve issues
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Goal-oriented organized team player.
Deadline: 10th July, 2020.