Procurement Officer at Turquoise Infrastructure & Energy Nigeria
Turquoise is a multinational company committed to delivering the best in engineering and construction, using the best resources and latest construction technology and Eco-Friendly Solutions to provide his clients with projects of outstanding quality by adapting values like integrity, teamwork and customer satisfaction. Turquoise acts in accordance with the highest ethical standards to maintain his position of trust with his clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: FCT, Abuja
- The ideal candidate will be responsible to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality.
- The Procurement Officer’s responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
- High School Diploma
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.