Procurement Manager at Olam International
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To strategically find cost-effective suppliers and discover best ways to cut procurement expenses.
- Lead evaluation and selection of suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost, and capability.
- Procurement of General and consumable Items. (MRO Items)
- Look for alternative sources, through individual research, and working with other Buyers, Sr. Buyers, and Executive Buyers.
- Oversee contract implementation and supplier performance/interaction; involved with resolving operational issues.
- Document issues for quality, service, safety, and supply (into the Sourcing quality data bases) and resolves issues with suppliers.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement.
- Participate in the development of sourcing strategies.
- Looks for productivity gains, which may include working with Improvement Leaders and Service Center personnel.
- Engineering Degree is required.
- Master’s or MBA degree in fields such as Business Administration/Finance is preferred.
- CIPS or similar professional qualification is an added advantage.
- 8-10years’ experience in handling end to end procurement in a Manufacturing company.
- Import documentation process
- Good hands on Contract Management.
- Experience in Direct Procurement of General and consumable Items. (MRO Items)
- Spend analysis.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent rigor and order
- High competency level in SAP MM, SAP Ariba
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply