Process and Control Improvement Specialist at Nigerian Breweries Plc
Prefer not to state
Nigerian Breweries Plc – As the foremost brewing company in Nigeria, we are proud of our vision to Wow Nigeria with our Great Brands, Passionate People and World Class Performance.
Nigerian Breweries Plc is recruiting to fill the position:
Job Title: Process and Control Improvement Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time / Permanent
Job Level: Mid-level Management
The core activities of the P&CI Specialists are to support the P&CI Manager in the following areas:
- Controls Monitoring
- Process & Control Management
- Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). These activities are driving the continuous improvement, monitoring/testing, design and implementation of processes and controls.
Additional areas include:
- Risk Management
- Fraud Management
The P&CI Specialist needs to maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders, as well as other business partners.
- Working knowledge and understanding in two or more of the following areas: risk management, internal control, process management, fraud management & compliance.
- Experience in the area of internal control, internal / external audit or process management and improvement.
- Experience in assessing process and information flows, performing cost/benefit analyses, tracking results, developing recommendations, and implementing changes that drive business performance.
- Strong quantitative, statistical and computer skills, with emphasis on the ability to perform data analytics, sophisticated analysis with spreadsheet, and/or database applications.
- University degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper in Economics, Accounting/Finance or Business Administration and possession of Masters Degree is an added advantage. A first degree with 2nd Class Lower degree must have a Masters’ Degree.
- Finance, Accounting, Internal/External audit background, Professional certifications including: – ACA/ACCA/CIMA/RA/RE/CPA/CFE or – CIA/RO.
- Internationally recognized certification in Six Sigma (Yellow/Green/ Black Belt)/ PMP / Prince2 would be added advantage.
- Minimum 4 to 10 years of relevant experience in a reputable audit firm.
- Experience within internal/external audit of multinational companies, including experience of operational audit, risk management.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally(up to 70%)
- Knowledge of internal control.
- Report writing skills.
Process & Control Management:
- Perform assigned procedures to ensure business processes and controls are appropriately designed, constructed, implemented and maintained.
- Identify improvement opportunities in performing assigned tasks, through business or technical knowledge, and escalation to P&CI Manager for immediate action.
- Identify and report process activities that deviate from the global standard or local management approved procedure.
- Monitor and test control effectiveness and drive the implementation of remediating actions.
- Develop Key Control Framework, and execute a review of internal controls over financial reporting, as assigned by the P&CI Manager.
Fraud and Risk Management:
- Support the process of Risk Identification, Assessment and Response as well as monitor existing and emerging risks.
- Ensure relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drive the creation of risk responses.
- Stay informed about policy changes and assess their impact on existing control frameworks.
- Register, track and log policies & procedures. This includes the review of the self-assessment activities.
- Participate in business process oriented internal control reviews, compliance audits and activities that deliver the P&CI plan to provide the business with comfort in theinternal control environment.
- Prepare draft reports for review. This may include remediation plans etc.
- Analytical skill
- Expert Report writing & presentation skills
- Adept knowledge of Internal Controls and Governance
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High collaborative abilities
- Effective Stakeholders Management capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak French will an added advantage
We offer some of the most competitive remuneration packages in our industry and offer performance related increments/bonuses.
- Health benefits
- Transport Allowance
Deadline: 16th April, 2021