Private Sector Consultant at Jhpiego Corporation
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Private Sector Consultant
- With financial support from Unitaid via Population Services International, Jhpiego is implementing Phase 3 of the STAR Initiative, a 18-month project to catalyze HIVST adoption, availability, and use in Nigeria.
- Through the Unitaid-funded STAR Initiative, HIV self-testing (HIVST) has proven to provide an opportunity to reach, test, and diagnose or prevent infection in populations that are considered unreachable by use of traditional testing approaches.
- In Nigeria, STAR will support the Government of Nigeria to develop and adapt policy guidelines for the adoption of HIV self-testing and support the integration of HIV self-testing within the existing health care systems.
- The Private Sector Consultant will work under the supervision of the Project Director and will lead the implementation of the private sector driven activities for the STAR project.
- He/ She will be responsible for developing innovative strategies to implement a total market approach for HIVST implementation in the country and will ensure effective linkages to confirmatory testing services and treatment services as applicable.
Required Skills and Competence
- Master’s or equivalent Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience working with the Private Sector and NGOs in Nigeria.
- Deep understanding and experience with utilizing the total market approach to address barriers to access to health commodities and health system
- Experience in building and brokering partnerships across key segments of the private sector
- Professional connections and extensive private sector network in relevant segments; strong relationship building skills.
- Understanding of public sector and government institutions’ role in private sector development and partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and effectively promote information-sharing, collaboration and cooperation.
- Knowledge of HIV programs is an added advantage
- Ability to work under the pressure, with minimum supervision and on-distance;
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
- Strong computer literacy and data analytical proficiency
The key tasks for the private sector consultant will include:
- Develop a Theory of Change for the total market approach for HIVST in Nigeria and lead its implementation.
- Conduct a private sector mapping/assessment for HIVST in targeted states to identify gaps and opportunities for HIVST distribution and implementation in the private sector.
- Periodically engage and sensitize key players of the relevant segments of the private sector on HIVST procurement, distribution and implementation.
- Periodically engage with key regulatory agencies of the private sector on addressing regulatory barriers to HIVST implementation in the private sector.
- Lead STAR’s private sector engagement strategy development, advocacy, and implementation efforts for HIVST
- Support the project team to develop innovative public private partnerships to create demand for HIVST
- Facilitate support systems to ensure effective referrals and linkages for confirmatory testing and treatment
- Advocate for data collection, reporting and use on HIVST by the private sector
- Build capacity and provide technical assistance on HIVST to appropriate private sector entities as required.
- Interface with NASCP, PEPFAR and GF on addressing barriers to HIVST implementation in the private sector.
- Produce program reports on activities as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the project director.
Deadline: 24th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using “Private Sector Consultant” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer