Principal at Lorache Group
Lorache Group is a Marketing Management, Human Capital Development and Business Process & Strategist Consultancy Outfit, registered with Company & Allied Commission (CAC) of Nigeria to perform such businesses. Lorache works cut across multiple industries, including the consumer goods, finance, capital market, pharmaceutical, telecommunication, entertainment and leisure sectors etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal
- A Principal forms the head of the administrative team within a school and is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the institution.
- They coordinate staff schedules, oversee the development of curriculum and enforce school policies relating to themes like discipline or safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Climate:
- Continually endeavour to improve the operating effectiveness of the school for which he is responsible.
- Keep informed of current practices and techniques relating to school programs, teaching and administration by attending meetings and professional development conferences, and reading professional materials.
- When not involved in teaching duties, to devote as much time as possible to the supervision of the school; observing methods of instruction and endeavouring to improve the efficiency of the staff and the school in general.
- Co-ordinate and foster the development of programs within the school to best meet the needs and interests of the students. This includes the establishment, supervision, and evaluation of special education programs where a child needs one.
- Assist the teaching staff in the development, implementation, modifications, and selection of curriculum materials, and keep the Superintendent informed as to any modifications in or substitution of approved courses.
School Organization and Staffing:
- Participate with the School Division Office in the selection of professional, clerical and support staff.
- Hold regular staff meetings for the purpose of discussing educational and administrative matters.
- Be responsible for the preparation of timetable, class lists and schedules, and supervision schedules and be responsible for their functioning.
- Promote the professional and academic growth of his staff through staff Beautiful Plains School Division meetings, in-service training and personal
Staff Supervision and Evaluation:
- As building administrator the Principal is responsible for the daily supervision of the school, its students, facilitators, professional and support staff, volunteers, and personnel from outside agencies.
- See that every teacher shall be on duty in the school at least 10 minutes before the opening of the forenoon session
Student Control and Supervision:
- Establish a climate in which students can develop self-discipline.
- To have disciplinary authority over each student while on school premises, while going to and from school, while riding on school buses and while taking part in authorized school activities.
Student Evaluation and Reporting:
- To familiarize himself with the general pupil progress and to assist in its improvement.
- Co-ordinate and / or direct the evaluation of student progress and achievement and the provision of regular reports to parents as required by Board Policy.
Communication and Public Relations:
- Maintain communications with parents or guardians regarding the total school program, student achievement, placement and behaviour.
- Inform parents of the school activities through newsletters, information nights, parent / teacher conferences, etc.
Budgeting and Buying:
- Be responsible for the administration of the instructional supplies budget for school and the safe keeping of monies or materials that belong to the school or the school division.
Health, Safety, and Plant Supervision:
- Develop and foster a sense of pride and respect for school property so that the facility is an attractive place.
- Ensure that all reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard the health and general wellbeing of his staff and pupils of his school. To this end he shall see that pupils and staff are adequately trained to make effective any plans necessary for their safety.
- A degree in Elementary Education or any related course.
- Must have at least 5years teaching experience in a recognized higher secondary school.
- A School Administrator license.
- Creativity and attention to details.
Deadline: 20th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with “Principal” as subject of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org