Practice Administrator at Canaan Solicitors
Canaan Solicitors (formerly known as Adegbite Stevens & Co.) is modern and dynamic legal practice based in Nigeria. Established in 1997 by a crop of young, experienced and enterprising professionals. The corporate ideal of the firm is to provide prompt, efficient and qualitative legal services to our clients in line with modern trends. The firm is principally commercial oriented, but it is also involved in various other spheres of legal practice ranging from family law, property law, criminal and civil matters, investment law and litigation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Practice Administrator
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a full-time experienced business professional to serve as a Practice Administrator.
- This position requires tactical support of several of the Firm’s practice groups, development of RFP and Pitch materials, and collaboration with the Business Development Team members, and other firm business professionals to ensure the execution of the group’s business development with firm-wide priorities.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- The ideal candidate must have solid experience in business development in the service sector
- The ideal candidate must have experience and skills in Business development
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Proven project management, organizational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines
- BL / LLB / JD qualification
- 3 – 7 years Experience.
- Help lawyers execute best practice-based pitch and proposal materials in the pursuit of new business
- Work with the practice group leaders and individual attorneys to implement practice specific business development plans
- Ability to deal professionally with both internal and external clients on all levels
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing with both internal and external clients and to diplomatically seek more clarity of information from those in authority, if needed.
- Proven ability to concentrate on the details of executing projects
- Ability to work well under pressure with flexibility and adaptability t changing workflow and work assignments
- Proven ability to think creatively, using good judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Maintains the office practice diary
- Prepares and dispatches the fee note in conjunction with the Managing Partner and Accountant
- Arranges professional meetings (both internal and external)
- Reports to the Managing Partner
- Keeps records of all briefs and instructions.
Deadline: 20th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.