Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) – Founded in 2009, PLAC is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit capacity building organisation that works to strengthen democratic governance and citizens’ participation in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Legislative Internship Programme
Location: Abuja, FCT
Duration of Internship: September – December 2020
- Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) is implementing a 10-week long internship programme with support from the European Union (EU) for young Nigerians who wish to gain knowledge of legislative practices and processes.
- At least, a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Good computer skills
- Aged between 21 and 35 years
- Completed NYSC
- Good writing and speaking skills
- The internship is unpaid and only stipends to cover transportation/lunch costs within Abuja is provided.
- Other logistics expenses will be borne by the intern. It is advised that prospective interns be able to reside within Abuja or bear the cost of residing in Abuja throughout the duration of the internship.
Deadline: 28th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a two page Resume or CV in MS Word format in your name and a 300 word “Statement of Intereste” indicating the importance of your participationin this programme to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- The statement of interest should be sent as an in-line text on the body of the email and NOT send as an attachment.
- All applications must be received by Friday 28th August, 2020. Applications sent after this date or in breach of the application procedure will not be entertained.
- The internship provides for equal opportunity participation.
- All persons from across Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
- Persons who responded to the earlier advertisement that was put out in March 2020 may re-apply. The March 2020 as well as the recent will be consolidated to create the shortlist for interviews.