Piping and Layout Engineer at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)
Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Piping and Layout Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Piping and Layout Lead, related with design, verification or study activities. Interface with other Project Specialists, Designers and Draftsman.
- Check all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical specifications, drawings under the responsibility.
- Write the Piping and Layout methodologies / Design Premises comprehensive of all necessary data, general and specific design guidelines
- Ensure the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfilment of project quality requirements and contractual obligations
- Analyze project technical documents to validate consistency between the budget, resources and means allocated for the work completion and the targets to be met
- Co-ordinate technical activities performed inside or outside Saipem.
- Ensure the Piping and Layout engineering support
- Analyze technical documents (e.g. specifications, calculation notes, drawings) to assess the scope of the studies required and the potential risks
- Estimate quantities or validate estimation done by other specialists of the team
- Define and follow-up the planning of resources mobilization
- Monitor and report actual progress including 3D / check for Discipline activities, including control of man-hours and delivered documents
- Control the input data for team activities and check/review all documents issued by the team
- Provide technical support to Project group
- Provide technical support to Procurement, Subcontracting and Construction activities included in the scope of work
- Inform on a permanent basis the Project Piping and Layout leader of any foreseen technical or financial or delay risk
- Feed the Piping and Layout Department improvement system by reverting the lessons learned during the project
- Participate in test circuit verification
- Participate in field engineering during construction activities
- Assist, when necessary, engineering adjustment on site
- Material management at the site.
Qualification & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent is mandatory, minimum of about 8 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry, COREN certification, and familiarity with Microsoft office packages, AUTO CAD, as well as Navies works or Smartplant Review tool.