Payroll Manager – Cement Industry at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Manager – Cement Industry
Ref No: LagosHR008
Employment Type: Full Time
Summary of the Job
- Supervise payroll officers across locations effectively and ensure the accuracy of payroll elements in SAP as per staff contracts, pay structure and staff handbook
- Coordinate all payroll activities and ensuring compliance with all payroll processes including working closely with ICU to ensure all queries are responded, addressed, timely release of payroll and payment of salaries by 24th of every month
- Ensure accuracy of calculation of gross and net pay amounts as processed by payroll officers (e.g., salary, overtime, shift payments, bonuses, benefits), PAYE tax, pension deductions, and other payroll payables
- Collating necessary input and assumptions for the annual employment costs budget
- HR Analytics report to internal management (Head count, employment cost, employee cost to total revenue, employee cost to Opex, etc and to external agencies (e.g., government agencies, labour ministry, pension administrators, insurance companies, unions etc.)
- Conduct Salary planning & review, STI and bonus calculations
- Work closely with the HRIS Manager and C&B Manager to implement salary review and bonus payments
- Responsible for collating necessary input for the external auditors, annual tax returns and other HR regulatory compliance issues
- Ensure accuracy of information provided for HRIS upload
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Oversee execution of monthly payroll, report payroll tracker and liaise with ICU for seamless payroll circle
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of payroll records is done (e.g., payments, deductions, general ledger entries for wages etc), payroll data verification and administration is performed
- Monitor and manage payroll legislation compliance, labour codes, government regulations/circulars and national collective bargaining agreements
- Ensure remittance of statutory deductions to the relevant authorities such as tax, pension, NHF, NSITF, etc
- Manage relationships with internal (Finance, Treasury, IT, Internal Control) and external (Tax, PFAs, or other) representatives to ensure seamless and timely performance of the payroll activities.
- Ensure prompt resolution of staff complaints on payroll items or payments.
- Provide accurate details of total (or changes to) payroll costs and other compensation-related information, and relevant recommendations to Management for informed decision making.
- Critically monitor and manage the performance of direct reports and team members and provide guidance as may be required.
- Support C&B Manager with payroll data for final computation of benefits for exiting staff.
- Work closely with the C&B Manager, deliver training and communication sessions for both HR and operational managers on reward issues, to help them understand reward components.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Head, C&B and GCHRO
Level of education/qualifications normally required:
- A University Degree in the numeric sciences preferably Accountancy, Economics, Actuarial science, etc
- Professional certifications such as ACCA, ACA
Specific Work experience:
- 7 to 10 years’ experience with some experience in a large, international, industrial organization
- With practical experience in fields related to salary and payroll administration
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Competency in the use of payroll software/HRIS such as SAP and Success Factor
- Familiarity with analytical tools i.e. MS Excel, MS power point
- Salary and Pay Administration
- Ability to work as part of a Team
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to details
- Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Demonstrated Time Management skill and ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated experience of working with limited supervision
- Result oriented.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development