Pattern Maker in an Indigenous and World Class Fashion House
Flexedge Limited – Our client, an indigenous and world class Fashion House that deals with the whole fashion range from design conceptualization through readymade product to marketing, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pattern Maker
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have flair for Fashion and style (Must be on top of current fashion trends)
- Must understand the concept of fashion design pattern making
- Must be able to instruct or train others
- Willingness to work flexible hours including Saturdays
- Must be able to sew clothes.
- At least 1 year experience with a fashion school / fashion house as pattern maker
- Must be able to write and communicate effectivel.
- Lecture fashion Design students on pattern making and sewing at the fashion institute.
- Discuss cloth design specifications with tailors.
- Create a master pattern for each dress size within a range of garment sizes
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a garment design concept.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of cloth/fabric, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Convert tailor’s original Ideas into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features and where parts are to be joined on the fabric
- Position and cut out master or fabric sample patterns, using scissors and knives
- Compute dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering stretching of material quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts.
- Determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a finished product.
- N100,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Deadline: 10th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.