Invent Alliance Limited is a company specialized on creation of multi sector and multi discipline business platform with specialist partnerships for value co-creation in each of the different business segments through modern co-petition business principles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastry Chef
Job Type: Full Time
- The Pastry Chef will be primarily responsible for creating a wide range of pastries, desserts, confectioneries, whist coordinating the activities of the pastry team and managing the pastry kitchen efficiently.
Education and Qualification
- Minimum of OND and Degree in Culinary Arts or Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a similar role with high volume pastry production.
- Preferably female.
- Proven experience as a Pastry Chef with excellent knowledge of baking and pastry making techniques.
- Ability to produce both classical and contemporary style pastry and confectionery products.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decoration with ability to fill and decorate cakes, chocolates and pastries.
- Familiarity with all bakery equipment including mixers and dough sheeters.
- Creativity and visual flair
- Good understanding of food safety practices.
- Flexibility to work on a shift basis.
- Certification from a culinary school is an added advantage.
- Coordinating and carrying out pastry kitchen operations efficiently and without supervision.
- Creating pastries, dessert and confectioneries by following a set of recipes.
- Develop, design or create new ideas or items for the pastry kitchen.
- Ensure all pastries are uniform and up to standard.
- Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparations.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Adhere to all sanitation, safety and food preparation laws.
- Ensure culinary standards and responsibilities are met for pastry team.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants to work more efficiently.
- Stay current and informed of useful culinary trends.
- Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning.
- Decorating cakes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Deadline: 15th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Apply in person at:
KM 29, Lekki / Epe Expressway,
Behind Forte Oil Filling Station, Alasia,
Ajah – Lagos State.