Partner Development Manager at Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services.
Partner Development Manager (Business Applications)
Job number 1031888
Role type: Individual Contributor
Profession: Business Development & Strategy
Travel: 50-75 %
- The Partner Development Manager is responsible for the 360 degree business relationship by partner type (System Integrators, ISV’s and/or Services companies) that sell, service and support Microsoft’s three cloud solutions.
- The PDM is the pivotal role in the relationships Microsoft builds with partner companies. They are responsible for engaging at the very highest level of executives building trust by sharing insights about how companies can capitalize on market opportunities by partnering with Microsoft.
- PDMs lead the building of joint business plans defining solutions portfolio, Go-To-Market, sales and marketing strategies, driving implementation of all aspects of the strategy by orchestrating relationships between the partners technical, sales and marketing teams and Microsoft’s to ensure excellence in execution of the strategy and achieving partnership growth goals and sales targets.
- This PDM opening is focused on managing Business Applications partners.
- Help partners transform and grow their business in the cloud by developing comprehensive Partner Business Plans for a portfolio of partners to identify short and long-term strategic goals and tactical execution.
- Builds strong relationships with Microsoft and partner resources to design a portfolio of differentiated Cloud solutions across Microsoft’s D365 cloud across segments.
- Guides partners to build a solutions portfolio aligned with market opportunities and defines roadmap to evolve to multi-cloud (Azure, Dynamics365 and Microsoft 365).
- Identify an effective path to market with solutions and Go-To-Market (GTM) activities
- Track pipeline health on key deals to accelerate sales momentum and cloud consumption.
- Drive performance management of partners through monthly/quarterly reviews to review overall business performance across the organization and to measure against partners’ transformation goals and business plan.
- Drive continuous portfolio optimization of partners’ performance as measured by revenue, pipeline, consumption, usage and partner impact.
- Develop strategic content that will allow better positioning of our partnership internally and externally
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, capabilities and solutions that generate partner growth and innovation.
- 5-10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Deep strategic advisor and executive relationship management experience driving sales with partners in commercial businesses.
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Strong influence and orchestrator skills helping align Microsoft and partner resources to drive solutions that support customer needs.
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
Benefits and Perks
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
How to apply
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Interested and qualified? Go to Microsoft on careers.microsoft.com to apply