Oyo State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment 2020
Oyo State – Located in the South-West geopolitical zone of Nigeria, Oyo State was one of the three States carved out of the former Western State of Nigeria in 1976. Oyo State consists of 33 Local Government Areas.
Oyo State Civil Service Commission invites applications for the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer II
Grade Level: 08 (Step 2)
In the Ministry:
- Assisting in educational administration of the Ministry, Area Education Officer of any other educational establishment.
In the School or College:
- Teaching relevant subjects of specialization at an appropriate level.
Adult Education Centre:
- Organising and supervising Adult Education activities in the Local Government Area
- Scrutinising Forms C and advising Local Government on Principles and method or organization.
Method of Entry / Requirements
By direct appointment of a candidate possessing any of the following qualifications:
- A degree in Education or in any other relevant subject from a recognized University.
- A degree in a relevant subject plus a post-graduate Certificate in education.
Job Title: State Counsel
Grade Level: 09
Undergoing a one year pupilage programme and performing the following duties under supervision:
- Rendering legal advice to ministries, government departments, and other government agencies.
- Preparing legal documents relating to the administration of the estate of deceased persons.
- Drafting and filing legal documents in courts.
- Appearing for the government in matters of civil litigation in courts.
- Drafting arid vetting laws and legislations.
- Collecting data.
Method of Entry / Requirement
- By direct appointment of a candidate who is legally qualified to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in Nigeria.
Job Title: Senior State Counsel
Grade Level: 10
- Drafting and vetting laws and legislation.
- Taking charge of an out-station Chamber.
- Prosecuting on behalf of the government in all criminal proceedings.
- Supervising a number of officers working under him.
- Appearing for the government in courts.
- Collating and assisting in analyzing data.
- Supervising junior officers in his unit.
Method of Entry
- By the advancement of a suitable State Counsel who has successfully completed the one-year pupilage programme.
- By direct appointment of a candidate who is legally qualified to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor in Nigeria with at least one-year post-call cognate experience.
Deadline: 10th July, 2020.