OVH Energy Ongoing Job Vacancy – Apply Now!
OVH Energy is the company behind the Oando retail brand in Nigeria. We are an indigenous marketer of choice providing trusted petroleum products and services. As a leading indigenous marketer of choice, we provide trusted petroleum products and services in Nigeria. Our expertise spans across the provision of jetty services and the marketing and distribution of refined petroleum products for retail, commercial and industrial purposes.
We provide solutions for a wide range of energy needs through our subsidiaries: OVH Energy Marketing (OVHEM) Limited, licensee of the Oando retail brand and ASPM Limited, custodians of the Lagos Midstream Jetty, also known as West Africa’s First Privately Owned Midstream Jetty.
Through our Oando retail brand, OVH Energy has enriched Nigeria’s downstream sector and established an unparalleled supply footprint, distributing over 1 billion litres of refined petroleum products annually. ASPM Limited is focused on strengthening Nigeria’s downstream value chain through Lagos Midstream Jetty (LMJ). We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Accountant
Job Type: Full-time
- The Position Holder would be responsible for supporting the Head – Tax and Fixed Assets in ensuring total compliance with statutory provisions on taxation, while limiting its tax obligations through the provision of effective tax planning, and reporting compliance mechanisms.
- He liaises with the consultants and attends to vendors/suppliers on tax related issues.
- (S)He would also be responsible for providing operational support in the maintenance and monitoring of the company’s fixed asset register.
- As part of this responsibility, the Position Holder would be directly responsible for the capture of all fixed assets information as well implementing the selected valuation basis for the proper recording of the relevant financial data associated with their purchase and utilization.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capturing all financial data as regards the procurement and Utilization of company wide fixed assets.
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register and subsidiary ledgers i.e. Fixed Assets, Incomplete construction.
- Fixed assets verification Calculation of monthly depreciation charge.
- Determination and booking of profit/loss as applicable to fixed assets disposals.
- Secretary to asset disposal committee.
- Prepare and remits monthly VAT, WHT, PAYEE and Pension Contributions to the relevant authorities.
- Liaise with the tax consultants in processing company income tax clearance, staff Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate and in responding to query raised by tax authorities.
- Monitors and reconciles VAT, WHT, Pension, PAYEE and staff loan accounts to the general ledger.
- Monitors the receipt of WHT credit notes for recovery from the company’s tax liability.
- Responds to vendors’ complaints on tax matters that affect their bills.
- Reconciles payroll flow from the sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Accounting or Finance).
- Associate membership of either the ICAN or ACCA.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in an accounting role (preferably within Oil and Gas sector).
- Analytical Thinking
- Professional Confidence
- Relationship-Building for Influence
- Communicating Effectively
- Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Management Reporting
- Financial Analysis
- Tax Planning
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Return Preparation and Review
- Transactional Accounting and Closing Processes.
- Competitive Remuneration
- Health Insurance
- Generous Pension Contribution
- Performance Pay (Discretionary)
- Staff Bus
- Flexi-work (Discretionary).
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.