Organisational Development & HRIS Management Officer at Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group)
Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Organisational Development & HRIS Management Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Organisational Development (OD) and HRIS Management Officer will provide ongoing support to the Team Lead for the development, implementation, and management of the OD strategy, practice, program and initiatives for Nigerian Exchange Limited.
- The individual serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas in ensuring HRIS data integrity, testing system changes, report writing, and analysing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Liaise with the Technology Team to perform HRIS upgrades, patches, testing, and other HR technical projects as required.
- The OD/HRIS Officer will assist the Team Lead in the design and delivery of Nigerian Exchange’s organisational development strategies and the management of change in support of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans, providing information, advice, and services as required.
- Working with teams across the organisation, and in particular stakeholders within the Human Resources function, to support programmes of continuous organisational performance improvement, which will support NGX Exchange in achieving its desire of becoming a high performing organisation.
- The main focus of this role will be to assist the Team Lead to develop and maintain an integrated Organisational Development framework and strategy that aligns with The Nigerian Exchange’s overall people-centric plan, incorporating:
- Performance development and management
- Learning and development (advising on delivery tools such as eLearning)
- Leadership and Management development
- Individual development programs
- Succession planning/ career planning
- Talent Management
- Reward and Recognition framework
- The OD/HRIS Officer’s area of responsibilities will include Organisational Development Strategy, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Human Resource Information System Management (HRIS), HR Business Processes Development/Improvement, Organisational Development, Change Strategy, OD Research/Policy Development, Job Design/Evaluation, HR Analytics, Career Management/Planning, OD Standard Operating Procedures, OD/HRIS Budgets and OD Risk Management.
- This position reports to the Team Lead, OD/HRIS Management.
- Assist the Team Lead in developing and designing the OD strategy and related projects, such as position descriptions, organisational improvement, resources optimisations, job design/evaluation/pricing, OD/Change Management, and compensation analyses.
- Actively support the design and delivery of OD and change management strategies, processes, and interventions that support NGX Exchange’s desire to be a high performing organisation.
- Assist in organisational planning efforts including the creation of organisational charts, review of roles and responsibilities, and job descriptions.
- Contribute towards research, analysis, and ideas to the development of the Nigerian Exchange’s HR strategy in order to ensure that organisational development initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with strategic and business goals.
- Assist in the development, and implementation of the Employee Performance Management Policy, facilitate and build awareness by providing training and ongoing support to all levels of staff on the performance management process and systems.
- Ensure employee compliance with all performance management processes (annual performance review process, goal setting, probationary reviews, employee development planning).
- Assist in the implementation of 360 degrees Performance Feedback Process.
- Support stakeholders on key performance indicators (metrics/measures) of progress toward strategically aligned goals (i.e. productivity, efficiency, mitigated risk, employee retention, employee engagement, improved leadership, improved talent pipeline/bench strength, etc.).
Career Management / Succession Planning:
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of the Career Development and Succession Planning strategy and framework and connect the career development strategy with the business strategy and HR Strategy.
- Collaborate with Learning and Development team to develop training plans, identifying educational opportunities for employee development, and oversee the development of processes, programs, and criteria for the identification of high potential employees.
- Working closely with the TM team, oversee the development and implementation of a succession planning framework for NGX Exchange.
HR Business Processes Development / Improvement / Analytics:
- Assist in the development and implementation of evaluation framework across all OD initiatives, monitoring quality in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide support in translating the HR related business requirements for a specific value stream into standardised business process designs and ongoing business process management across the department.
- Assist in the analysis of statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organisation’s personnel policies and practices.
Research / Policy Development and Standard Operating Procedures:
- Assist in the development, updating, and documentation of all OD related policies and practices to develop and promote adoption within the organisation of HR Best Practices.
- Update all OD related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) documents, as required.
- Input, validate and verify data into internal tracking tools (such as Excel, HRIS, etc.) and create forms, templates, and reports/dashboards for HR Analytics.
Job Design / Evaluation:
- Provide support in the assessment of the need for and develop job analysis instruments and materials, and oversee the overall process of evaluation, classification, and rating/grading of job positions.
- Analyse occupational data, such as physical, mental, education qualification, task complexity, and training requirements of jobs and employees and develops written summaries, such as job descriptions, job specifications, and lines of career movement.
- Collect, analyse, and prepare job information to facilitate personnel, administration, and management functions of the organisation as well as consulting with management to determine the type, scope, and purpose of jobs.
Human Resource Information System Management:
- Ensure the accuracy of employee information on the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Monitor alterations to existing programs to gather and report data as necessary.
- Support the data management and integrity of the HRIS.
- Analysing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Provide support to end-users: managers, employees, and the HR team.
- Test, document, and implement new HRIS software updates procedures and processes.
- Detect, troubleshoot, and resolve data issues.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Social Management Science disciplines, preferably in the Human Resource Management.
- An OD qualification, or equivalent professional knowledge gained through appropriate experience working as an OD specialist or as an HR Generalist with an OD focus; membership of a professional body – CIPM, CIPD, PMI, SHRM, etc. is an advantage
- 2 – 5 years relevant post NYSC experience.
- Basic experience and exposure to Organisational Structure Design, Project Scheduling, and Process Mapping tools such as Visio, Excel, MS Project, Smart Arts, etc. is an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of the overall HR function.
- Basic knowledge of organisation development particularly around Change Management and developing Organisational Culture.
- Basic experience of, and commitment to, continuous organisational improvement and the ability to act as a change agent.
- Exposure to HRIS software functionality; a very strong plus.
- Operational HR Experience: HR Analytics, Recruitment, Training, Performance management systems, Employee relations, internal consulting, etc., and knowledge of HR Laws; HR dashboard – graphic representation and interpretation of information.
- Experience in research, analysis, collection/collation, interpretation, and presentation of data; developing standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics; interfacing and liaison with top and senior management, employees, and other key stakeholders.
Desired Competencies and Skill Requirements:
- Basic Generalist HR knowledge and competencies.
- Basic appreciation of general database design, structure, functions, and processes, and experience with database tools.
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint-accountability approach.
- Average knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and HR Automated Systems.
- Effective organisational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and projects concurrently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions and deliver quality results.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity with strong judgment and problem solving skills.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Laws and other statutory laws.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “NGX Recruitment- Organisational Development & HRIS Management Officer” as the subject of the email.