Optometrist in a Renowned Medical Service Provider
Sigma Consulting Group – Our client, a renowned Medical Service Provider located in Lagos is recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for assessing patient’s eyes to identify vision defects, diseases, and injuries. The candidate is expected to maintain medical files, evaluate eye defects, recording treatment plans, and perform eye inspections, expected to diagnose and treat visual problems and mange diseases, injuries, and other disorders of the eyes.
- Perform vision tests and analyze results.
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness, eye diseases such as glaucoma.
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other visual aids, and if state law permits medications.
- Perform minor surgical procedures to correct or treat visual or eye health issues.
- Provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation.
- Provide pre and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery.
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications.
- Educate patients on proper eye care.
- Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care.
- Conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field tests.
- Must possess a Doctor of Optometry Degree (O.D) from a reputable institution.
- Have minimum experience of 3 years in Optometry practices.
- Applicants must posses current practicing license issued by the Optometrists and Dispensing Optician Registration Board of Nigeria (ODORBN).
- Excellent communication skills.
- An interest in health and a desire to improve peopleâ€™s quality of life.
- Attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity, precision and accuracy.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Clinical decision-making and an ability to use professional judgement.
Deadline: 11th September, 2020.