Optics NPI Engineer at Nokia Nigeria
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optics NPI Engineer
Job ID: 22000008CT
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Customer Services
Category: NI Network Infrastructure
The team you’ll be part of:
- The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
- Our Networks Infrastructure (NI) business group includes IP, Optics and Network Automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises.
- Our comprehensive solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among – edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
- As MEA Optics NPI (New Product Introduction) team as part of the Customer Engineering organization in the Network Infrastructure Business Center, we introduce the latest network technologies to our customers. This is done in the form of lab/field testing, demos, workshops, dry run, proof of concept sessions and network integration services.
What you will learn and contribute to:
- The mission of MEA Optics NPI Team is to define and execute the activities that are part of either project execution or pre-sales opportunity.
- This is covering any new product, technology, or solution in Nokia Optics portfolio; mainly 1830 PSS and the associated Network Management System (NFM-T) and network automation services.
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
- Perform OS/NMS installations, upgrades, migrations, and network transformations.
- Perform Lab testing, Field Trials, DryRun, Proof of Concepts, Preliminary Acceptance Tests, Customer Demos/Workshops.
- Define test cases based on customer specific scenarios and develop MOPs and test procedures.
- Extend and expand Nokia’s automation delivery footprint, also to develop scripts and tools to automate the manual and routine tasks.
- Perform extensive lab work, both in person and remotely.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience in Telecommunications engineering discipline.
- Strong Linux/Unix shell networking knowledge, as well as, Cloud, Docker, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Databases, Containerized Applications, Microservices, etc.
- Willingness and desire to do hands-on lab work, and are careful and thorough, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work via own initiative, you have to be self-motivated with flexible, positive, and creative attitude. Also, you should have a strong communication, documentation, collaboration, and interpersonal & Team Skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in DWDM system design, architecture, and testing.
- Familiarity with other test automation and scripting software.
- Hands-on experience including design, build, deploy, troubleshooting and fault-finding.
What we offer
- Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.