Outsource Africa – Our client, a leader in a multidimensional value chain of poultry farming with strong impact on various components of the Food and Agri-Industries is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager, Farm Management
Location: Benin, Edo
- We are looking for a Poultry Operations Manager to collaborate with other farm personnel to develop farm schedules and meet processing goals.
- Ensures the safety and efficiency of poultry farm operations.
- Assign duties to poultry farm workers and ensure that they are carried out in an efficient manner; for example, duties might include feeding poultry, shipping eggs or maintaining the production center or the slaughtering and processing facility.
- Oversee the use of machinery.
- Training new workers.
- Provide care to injured or ill livestock.
- Enforcing workplace sanitation practices to prevent the spread of disease.
- In consultation with the Farm Manager, the Poultry Operations Manager prioritizes tasks and decides on the necessary amount of machinery and number of workers.
- Record data and create reports on worker attendance, budget, supplies and livestock growth.
- Put in place standard operating procedures intended to run operations effortlessly, protect humans or livestocks especially against diseases or harmful biological agents.
- Ensure compliance with livestock welfare standards
- Ensure that good biosecurity, flock health and proper feed management is maintained.
- Manage logistics and supply inventory of the farm.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and up to standard.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years experience in large scale poultry operations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
- Adaptable to change and able to work with people on many levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle moderate physical activity
Deadline: 30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the applied “Job Title” as the subject of the email.