Operations Lead at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminal to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world.
We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Lead
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job Type: Short Term Assignment
- Overseeing the functions of the operations department
- Planning and execution experience to run day to day business
- OPS representation in project team when civil works start
- Coordinating activities between existing business and project needs so that we have minimum impact on running business
- Support to Technical team
- Support in problem solving / WOW activities and stakeholder management
- Ensures compliance with HSSE policies & procedures.
We are looking for
- The ideal candidate for the Short-Term Assignment should have a minimum of University Degree in Logistics, Maritime and Port, or Process / Industrial Engineering.
- Completed Postgraduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies is desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in operations management roles in terminals.
- Solid understanding of the container shipping industry end-to-end and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Experience of RTG, MHC deployment and operations is a must to support terminal upgrade.
- Experience of project implementation in a brown field project would be an advantage.
- Experience in cost and productivity Optimization through process optimization, as well as design and implementation of new operation procedures.
- Extensive understanding of modern terminal operations and terminal management systems
- Ability to meet objectives while promoting a team environment and developing people.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals Operating System
- Fluent in English and local language (where applicable).
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
Deadline: 21st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This STA role can potentially lead to permanent appointment as ‘Head of Operations’ and we encourage suitable candidates to apply
- We offer tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best
- If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!