Operations Engineer at Interswitch Group
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Associate
About the Job
- Shall ensure that all 1st level incidents logged are resolved with a view to meeting set SLA/Customer satisfaction while liaising closely with relevant teams.
- Shall ensure proper cleanup of after effect of incidents with a view to eliminating financial exposure and customer dissatisfaction
- Shall adequately document known issues and detailed work-around that can be applied in the case of a re-occurs.
- To adequately report problems resulting from incidents with a view to completely resolve root cause
- To ensure timely event detection with a view to averting critical incidents or proactively managing the outcome of such events.
- To ensure that incidents are created for all critical events and escalated by all means necessary to guaranty the shorted resolution timeframe.
Implementation/ Configuration Management:
- Set up/ Configure settlement, Dispute and Reconciliation applications/servers as deployed by the technology team
- Suggest improvement to the process with a view to make operations better
- Perform user acceptance tests (UAT) for 3rd party integrations
- Provide support to merchants and 3rd party integrators (e.g. CWIPs) integrating to our products
- Maintain high customer satisfaction levels with the projects handled
- Onboard customers on product/applications for transaction processing, settlement, Dispute and Reconciliation on Interswitch’s platforms and applications
- A Basic understanding of SQL
- Basic understanding of Electronic funds transfer processing
- Understanding of Basic Networking/File Transfer protocol
- An understanding of Basic Linux Command
- A basic understand the concept of Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of programming languages
- Trace/Data analysis
- ITIL foundation experience added advantage