Online English & Maths Teacher / Curriculum Developer in Edukoya
The September Agency – Our client, Edukoya is an International ed-tech company focused on online education for kids 12 and under. Its mission is to inspire and empower every kid for the future.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Online English & Maths Teacher / Curriculum Developer
Locatin: Lagos (Virtual/ Remote)
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced teacher with a minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching with a background in Key Stages 1-2, British School Curriculum and Curriculum Design.
- The successful candidate will help develop the department from scratch, building the curriculum, resources, and developing digital content. You will work with team members to design and develop curriculum for mathematics and English learners primarily located in Africa.
What we are looking for
- Our online teachers are a vital part of our company, they are at the core of our business. They are young professionals, vibrant and excited about the future of digital education.
- They are expected to create an engaging virtual learning environment for our students. Our virtual teachers may have some experience as in-person tutors or classroom instructors and therefore able to contribute meaningfully to improving our curriculum development.
- It is also vital however that they are able to teach in a way that demonstrates their excitement and passion for the subjects, as well as to communicate using concepts and ideas that appeal to primary school students in an online environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The successful applicant will be responsible for designing and developing curriculum (including scope and sequences), unit overviews, lesson templates, homework, and other materials that are aligned with the curriculum goals and standards.
- The candidate will also provide support for research and assessment development.
- Developing scope and sequence of different curriculum lines
- Developing unit structures and lesson templates, as well as exercises and homework
- Communicating and collaborating in a timely manner with inter- and intra-department production partners
- Knows the subject matter well and has a good grasp of online child development and how students learn online.
- Designs dynamic projects that are relevant, motivating, and likely to engage students in active online learning.
- Assisting with screening, training, and managing groups of other team members (e.g. item writers, reviewers)
- Supporting the product team in product development
- Training colleagues based in Nigeria on new products (excellent cross-cultural communication)
Work Position Requirements
- A degree from an accredited local, regional, or international university, demonstrating a stellar academic record and proof of excellent performance i.e. top five to ten percentile in the regional/national standardized test
- Some teaching and/or tutoring experience; preferably for 2 years at least;
- Expertise in a particular subject or standardized test;
- Possess a strong character, a solid work ethic, and a pleasant personality;
- Have the ability to bring excitement and passion to tutoring; and
- Have outstanding professional references
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle diverse tasks simultaneously, and
- prioritize responsibilities as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience with the British School Curriculum
- Background with or fluency in English
- Experience teaching overseas is a plus
- Experience teaching with an online e-learning platform is a plus
- Experience in assessment and research
Deadline: 15th July, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Online Teacher/ Curriculum Developer” as subject of the email.