Ongoing recruitment at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy & Supply Chain Optimizer
Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer
- The Pharmacy and Supply Chain adhoc will plan and implement the delivery of high-quality pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance and DMOC services as well as the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Responsible for the provision of technical support in strengthening pharmacy systems and pharmacists’ capacity on pharmacy best practices and quality pharmaceutical care in the areas of PMTCT, ART, TB care and reproductive health including ensuring drug inventory management across supported sites.
- Responsible for the state level implementation, monitoring, service quality governance and reporting of CPARP, CARC and other DSD models.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Responsible for designing coordinated systems for the transportation of health commodities, reporting and forecasting delivery times and performance analysis to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance to supported sites in the requisition, report and order of health commodities and tracking of re-supply.
- Responsible for the generation of LMDs, tracking of order status, stock status analysis and post-gap analysis for all supported sites.
- Responsible for directing outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of the project; ensuring health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and that all required inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled.
- Collaborate with the State LMCU to promote and oversee an integrated approach to the supply chain management of health commodities.
- Coordinate the pharmaceutical care and pharmacovigilance aspects of the HIV care and treatment program.
- Responsible for periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and other staff across supported sites.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Pharmacy, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; masters-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 2 years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
Required Abilities / Skills:
- Experience in managing Supply Chain processes and information flows.
- Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Problem solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
- Good team leader
- Planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
- Knowledge of geography
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
- Writing skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Respectful, accountable, honest.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reports To: Program Manager
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S / he will work closely with program and technical staff to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S / he will maintain office data base systems and ensure up-to-date, accurate information in them.
- S / he will assist the program staff in preparing sections of program reports that deal with monitoring and evaluation, and in the implementation of program assessments and evaluations.
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (MEO) will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of the project.
- The MEO will conduct routine data quality validation / audit and provide regular feedbacks to improve the quality of data in all supported sites and among the different stakeholders.
- S / he will collect, collate and report all data tracked by the program and work with the state teams as well as other stakeholders to develop dashboard for routine data.
- The MEO will build capacity in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination and use of health information at the state and health facility levels for program planning and management and will assist state teams to increase the dissemination of information appropriately packaged for various stakeholder.
- Responsible for data entry into project-specific DHIS2.
- Support state-level report writing, annual work plan development and project monitoring matrices.
- The MEO will work closely with the Advisor in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and support the program staff on ways to properly organize and capture program progress and document lessons learned.
- Contribute to development of project strategies, work plans and budget
- Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or other related field.
- At least 5 years’ post-NYSC working experience in the implementation and management of health Information systems.
- Familiarity with donor funded programs and Nigerian public sector health system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related applications.
- Ability to use data analysis and visualization software like DHIS2, SPSS, STATA, & PowerBI
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on HMIS tools.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
Job Title: Strategic Information / Health Informatics Optimizer
Location: Abuja Office
Reports to: Strategic Information Officer
- The Health Informatics Adhoc under the supervision of the Strategic Information Director / Health Informatics Advisor will assist the development, implementation, supervision, and data use of all TMEC RISE mobile health, electronic information systems at facilities, and other applications.
- Provide technical support for the design and content development of electronic information systems. This function will include assisting the software programming team in developing actual logic statements for the coding of M&E indicators and software business rules where necessary and checking that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
- Ensure that software and database tools are developed to meet the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use and donors.
- Coordinate user support through TMEC RISE state staff and community health officers with specific assistance on maintaining existing systems at facility and LGA level.
- Conduct assessments of health informatics environments, synthesize pertinent information, identify implications for planning and development, and provide recommendations to supervisors and management.
- Thorough testing of the developed M&E software and database tools to the new and existing facility as identified by management.
- Support the database staff in developing standard operating procedures, user manuals, and data management procedure documents for all of the project’s electronic information systems.
- Prepare timely progress and periodic reports on information systems tool development and implementation.
- Support the database staff in analyzing all data collected in all TMEC RISE electronic information systems for M&E and provide feedback in the form of data analysis meetings, and technical reports with collaboration from the staff of the M&E department as well as with staff of other departments.
- Develop, familiarize /or adapt and monitor the use of M&E tools standard operating procedures, flow charts, data collection forms.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in M&E, according to donor guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HND / BSc / MS / MSc or similar Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Public Health, Epidemiology, or Health Information Management with strong background in Computer Science, Programming / Software Development or M&E with years of relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Degree in related field with years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of health informatics, including specific expertise in supporting databases, data warehousing, mobile data collection, and geographic information systems
- Strong knowledge of PEPFAR Monitoring & Evaluation, and HIV program monitoring and evaluation terminology, especially standard indicators used by PEPFAR programs
- Experience managing implementation plans, including timelines and priority tasks
- Familiarity writing and using complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries), ETL processes, and related best practices
- Experience with data dashboard design and use and strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving
- Ability to process data using GIS software
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team co-operation, attention to detail and maintaining high-quality standards is a must.
- Ability to stay current with rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently managing a high-volume workflow with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, and other health programming in developing countries. Sound knowledge of M & E, research, and surveillance issues
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- A high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication and well-developed computer skills.
Job Title: Informatics and Graphics Optimizer
Location: Abuja Country Office
Position Reports to: Knowledge Management and Communications Coordinator
- The Informatics and Graphics Optimizer will provide support to Jhpiego Nigeria – RISE programs graphical works, manage graphical content and ensure excellent displays in line with USAID branding protocols.
- S / he will develop high-level infographics and user-friendly multi-media communications products to showcase the work of RISE to key constituents, including but not limited to the donor, Government of Nigeria, policy makers, partner organizations, the media, and academic and research institutions.
- Increase visibility and outreach for Jhpiego programs – RISE through design works
- Develop and implement strategy for better internal communications of programs and RISE programs as well as Jhpiego programs
- Produce and edit technical, programmatic and communications products
- Develop infographic content to enhance quality of reports and communication products
- Highlight RISE best practices using informatic and graphic contents
- Develop multi-media communication products, e.g. videos, documentaries, slideshows to showcase RISE achievements and best practices
- Designing of office tools e.g. forms, templates, documents, finance & administration forms
- Adapt communications products to meet program needs
- Support the development of RISE knowledge management systems
- Design and material development of events branding e.g. banners, posters, brochures, car stickers, fliers and newsletters
- Graphic design and layout finalization of edited materials and preparation for final print; liaising with printers and other service providers
- Branding of RISE program materials and promotional items
- Design of website as per requirements
- Development of job aids and manuals
- Bachelor of Arts degree, Sciences or Social Sciences
- One to two-year experience with an international development organization
- Strong knowledge and experience in design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Canva, Dreamweaver, Corel Draw and Acrobat Painting
- Ability to communicate and engage confidently; manage competing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and outgoing personality,
- Artistic ability and creativity are a must
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
Job Title: Security Manager
Position Reports to: Country Director
- The Security Manager oversees the safety & security aspects of Jhpiego’s projects funded by US government and private foundations.
- S / he will ensure that security strategy for the Nigeria Country Office is developed, implemented, monitored and reviewed; consistent with Jhpiego policies, standards and requirements.
- Ensure proper security coordination of all Jhpiego offices and field locations in Nigeria.
- Assisting the CD in establishing an effective Safety, Security and Emergency Management Team (SSEMT) / Local Incident Management Team (LIMT);
- Communicating the membership and function of the Safety, Security and Emergency Management Team / LIMT to all stakeholders;
- Develop, review and ensure effective implementation of the Jhpiego Nigeria Security Management Plans including a security plan in assigned offices, together with key staff.
- Prepare timely security updates, based on information from internal and external sources including the US Government, to support policy and procedure reviews as well as to mitigate risks to programming.
- Monitor implementation of safety and security protocols and promptly advise the CD of any non-compliance and / or concerns / issues.
- Undertake regular site assessments of Jhpiego properties and implementation areas, communications equipment and options; report on findings and implement necessary improvements under the guidance.
- Ensure adequate supply and maintenance of necessary safety and security-related equipment at all offices and international staff residences.
- Under the supervision of CD, develop and implement a regular process of review and revision of security plans, policies, protocols, procedures & standard operating procedures, etc. in collaboration with RSM Consulting (or Jhpiego’s security contractor).
- Maintain regular contact with other agency security focal points, including NGOs, UN, USAID and local authorities related to security issues and concerns especially in program implementation areas.
- Under the direction of CD, provide direct support and advice on response related to safety / security incidents to all staff of Jhpiego – Nigeria.
- Provide safety and security orientation for all new staff, short term technical assistance, expats staff / visitor / guests and update training for existing staff.
- Maintain an updated Jhpiego staff contact list and security notification tree and test the tree on a regular basis.
- Conduct regular site visits to state offices and field sites to assess safety / security arrangements.
- Implement and ensure effective monitoring of a personnel and vehicle tracking system in each office.
- Conduct regular mock drills in all offices (e.g. fire drill, evacuation, etc.)
- Be readily available at all times to the Country Director and field staff to advice on security developments.
- First degree in Security Management, Criminology or a related field. A post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Professional security management certification
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience with not less than 3 years in a similar role in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Considerable practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of INGO operations.
- Proven experience of field-based training.
- Good attention to detail with ability to follow, applies, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Extensive experience in setting up and managing safety and security systems and protocols and provide training to staff and partners.
- Excellent negotiation and representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Good context analysis skills
- Knowledge of institutional donors (United Nations, USAID/CDC, DFID, etc.) regulations, procedures and requirements a plus.
Deadline: 6th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Position title and Location as the subject of the e-mail. Eg. “Pharmacy & Supply Chain Optimizer, Abuja”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer