Avenir Health, formerly Futures Institute, was founded in 2006 as a global health organization that works to enhance social and economic development by providing tools and technical assistance in policy, planning, resource allocation and evaluation. In particular, we focus on developing and implementing demographic, epidemiological and costing models for long-range planning to assist with setting goals, strategies, and objectives. We assist in both developing and implementing programs in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, maternal health and other programming areas. We work with government agencies, foundations, corporations, and nongovernmental organizations around the world.
Areas of program concentration include family planning and reproductive health, maternal and child health, the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS, and infectious diseases. With staff based in the United States and Africa, we work collaboratively with our in-country counterparts to improve policies and programs that address population issues, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, and maternal and child health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OneHealth Tool Expert – Nigeria
Location: Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto
Employment Type: Contract
Project Overview and Role
- Avenir Health’s contract under the USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP) Task Order Contract (TO 03, 04, 05) is to support IHP’s work to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States. As part of this work, Avenir Health is building capacity in each state to support strategic health planning and costing using the OneHealth Tool (OHT).
- This includes training a cadre of IHP project and government staff in each state to use the OHT, and supporting implementation of the OHT in each state, including supervision of OHT data collectors in each state and the overall data collection process.
- The OHT Expert will be the principal point of contact with the OHT data collectors in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States. Under guidance from Avenir Health, the OHT Expert will train a small cadre of state and project staff from each state on the OHT, and will work closely with the OHT focal team in each state to create configured OHT projections for each state.
- The OHT Expert will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the completeness of data gathered for the OHT application in each state, including the supervision of and guidance to state OHT data collectors.
- Facilitate in-person training of IHP OHT focal points in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto State on the application of the OHT:
- Finalize data collection methodology and template for each state
- Work with each state to develop configured state OHT projections
- Supervise and manage OHT data consultants working in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States on data collection for each state:
- Orient OHT data consultants on state data collection methodology
- Coordinate with OHT data collectors in each state to ensure timely collection of data with source documentation by the agreed-upon timeframe
- Coordinate with state OHT focal teams to review state data collected for baseline OHT projection. As necessary, participate (virtually or in-person) in state data review and validation meetings
- Participate (virtually or in-person) in state OHT results dissemination meetings
- Travel at least once to Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto states to facilitate in-person OHT training (timeframe: October / November 2020).
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in the Africa region and/or in Nigeria with costing and budgeting in two or more technical areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and newborn health, child health, nutrition and malaria programs, and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff
- Experience using the OneHealth Tool (OHT) for costing, budgeting and strategic planning in the Africa region and specifically in Nigeria
- Experience conducting training on the OHT
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; and
- Demonstrated ability to lead a data collection team.
- OHT-configured projections for Bauchi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States
- OHT data collection template for Health Services, Human Resources, Infrastructure, and Logistics Modules
- Final OHT data collected for Bauchi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States
Deadline: 12th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter stating experience and qualifications, as well as cost proposal for each deliverable, to: email@example.com using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Note: Cost proposals should include all costs associated with completing the deliverable (e.g., travel expenses, etc.).