Offshore Methods Engineer at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)
Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill thr position below:
Job Title: Offshore Methods Engineer
Job type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- Be responsible for technical integrity and compliance with estimated costs and deadlines throughout the various engineering phases of the project.
- Perform directly engineering tasks to guarantee the quality of the product for methods requirements.
- Ensure availability of the necessary engineering documentation within own area of responsibility
- Provide technical support for the Check List completion, witness no approval authority
- Issue, update & follow-up of the procedures and documents related to the scope
- Installation Engineering development and studies related to the scope
- Prepare Technical Memos, Technical Queries to support any contractual deviation
- Preparation of input for installation activities’ presentations
- Follow-up the Drafting activities related to the scope
- Initiate all the equipment, installation aids and material documentation
- Specify and follow up of the equipment, installation aids and material, including associated documentation
- Review of the contract, the Qualifications, the Clarifications and Specifications for both Saipem and interfaces
- Design any required lift rigging.
- Provide technical support for any presentation for the scope
- Review the Manufacturer testing procedures and reports (FAT, SIT/OT). When required, provide input to SIT/OT procedures
- Technical approval of the SIT/OT report
- Integration of the Fabrication data book (QC report, certificates) in the Installation Aids data book.
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or its equivalent.
- About 5 years’ relevant experience in the energy Subsea Layout Engineering.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good teamwork and communication skills.