Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Starting Date: 1st July, 2020
- PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Monguno LGAs in Borno State.
- PUI is now looking for 1 Nutrition Officer for its Nutrition team in Monguno.
- Under the direct supervisor of the nutrition supervisor, the nutrition officer will help organize and undertake nutrition education/sensitization and community screening activities at community level
- The Nutrition Officer will be responsible to ensure that educational messages are delivered to beneficiaries as per set targets and with the upmost quality regarding accuracy, efficiency and culturally sensitivity to optimize the adoption of healthier behavior among mothers of children under five.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- He/she participate in the identification of eligible project beneficiaries and community focal persons
- He/she participate in organizing project beneficiaries and volunteers into groups and other for a for dissemination of nutrition messages dissemination
- Participate in planning for and implementation of trainings of the beneficiaries, volunteers and community focal persons
- Conduct household surveys, individual follow ups and monitoring nutrition education activities
- Train and support nutrition community focal points and lead mothers along the project implementation
- Monitor the work of community volunteers under its responsibility
- Help to ensure that beneficiaries and local populations both understand the project goals and actively participate in their implementation
- Pass on any information or problem to his/her direct and indirect supervisor concerning task or safety
- Address any issues on the field with beneficiaries or the community members and tell line manager
- Collect and compile data, pictures, information from the field to present weekly internal reports to the supervisor
- Resent weekly achievements, problems encountered and suggestion to improve the project implementation
- He/he will help strengthen the organization community feedback and complains systems
- Contribute to logistical and administrative organization of activities
- Contribute to the definition of the needs in materials and tools regarding the program
- Ensure safety and good condition of all materials provided by pui (RUTF)
- Prepare community level SENSITIZATION PLANS and topics in liaison with the supervisor
- Analyze the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/ do no harm to the population
- In liaison with the nutrition supervisor, disseminate any relevant reporting tools to lead mothers and volunteers as may be requires
- Ensure OTP (Out-patient Therapeutic Program) beneficiary defaulter tracing and other forms of beneficiary follow ups at community level
- Work with volunteers and lead mothers to conduct community screening and referrals for malnourished beneficiaries
- He/she will be responsible for project sensitization and mobilization at community level.
- He/she will help nurture good collaboration between PUI and local community leaders
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activities
- The task and responsibilities defined in this job description are non- exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities:
- Implementation and monitoring of the activities
- Community Mobilization
- Communication and Reporting
- Logistics and administration
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- To follow up the sensitization sessions delivered to the mother care groups participants
- To ensure the quality of the messages delivered to the mother care participants
- To report any issue face with the mother care group participants
- To contribute to the qualitative reporting of activities, especially data entry
- To contribute to the proper filling and achieving of all the sources of verification
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing), Fluent in local languages – Hausa, etc.
- Education Degree: Diploma in Nutrition / Health-related discipline
- Work experience: Proven nutritional experience working in NGOs.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Conversant with community screening for Malnutrition
- Demonstrated understanding of infant and young child feeding ( nutrition SBCC/IYCF education programs)
- Community Volunteer supervision
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, excel and Outlook.
- Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Excellent Fieldwork Skills
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Stress Management and Flexibility
- Strong Negotiator
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Rigor and organization
- Understanding of the context of the area
Deadline: 16th June, 2020.