Network Assistant – CHIS3 at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Staff – Network Assistant – CHIS3
Reference: ADB / 20 / 142
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible IT services for Bank Staff and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
The Short-Term Staff (STS) – Network Support Assistant, will:
- Provide technical support services to Network and telecommunications technologies including voice and data (Internet, e-mail) transmission as well as videoconferencing.
- Repair and maintain Network and Telecommunications equipment in Abidjan (HQ, CCIA and Tour-B) buildings
- Assist in system configurations and provide support to users of Information Technology (IT) tools.
- Ensure L1 Network Operations Support
- Provide support to all required network physical installation and Cabling
Duties and responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Chief Network Engineer, the Short-Term Staff (STS) – Network Support Assistant will perform the following:
- The Help Desk function, network tickets follow-up and incident resolution
- Ensure the management of all network incidents and service requests are recorded in the ITSM tool.
- Investigate and diagnose level 1 network problems, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate.
- Maintain auditable records and assist in the preparation and maintenance of other documentation
- Monitor bandwidth utilization, and network availability
- Provide physical connections to the corporate LAN as required.
- Use network management systems software and appropriate analysis equipment to collect routine network load statistics, model performance, and create reports, including proposals for improvement.
- Provide support to users of Network, telecommunications and IT tools.
- Ensure Level 1 support regarding network port activation, cabling, and users assistance
- Provide technical assistance to the team at Headquarters responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of the Wireless Area Network (WAN),
- Ensure Physical installation of network equipment
- Perform any other tasks as required
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Network, Telecommunications or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years of professional IT Networks and Telecoms or related experience, gained within a similar position;
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
- Strong skill, knowledge and experience in network wired cabling, electrical cabling and optical fiber interconnection and troubleshooting
- Strong skill, knowledge and experience in devices configurations such as printers, Laptops, mobile devices (iPad, iPhone), IP Phone
- Proficient with network devices identification, Campus network with VLAN technologies
- Network Access Control (ISE) administration and operation
- Knowledge at the associate to intermediate level of TCP/IP networks, WAN protocols, wiring and cabling, and network management solutions;
- Experience with Network Traffic Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools;
- Strong computer skills and ability to use standard technology packages and Bank’s standard software (word, excel, outlook, Power Point, MS Projects, etc.…); and
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively in English or French,
- Good written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access). Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
Deadline: 11th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. the post holder will be considered a short-term staff (local staff)
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.