Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Intern at Pact Nigeria
Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and tocompile a report outlining the workshop’s proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Intern
Open To: All qualified candidates
- Pact works across multiple sectors and actors to combat corruption, promote democracy and improve health. Our funding partners run the gamut from the U.S. Government to private foundations to corporations, and our on-the-ground partners include Nigerian ministries and civil society organizations focused on advocacy, democracy and health. Since 2005, Pact has helped forge partnerships between government and civil society, resulting in the passage of four significant national bills to fight corruption, including 2011’s landmark Freedom of Information Act.
- In 2012, we worked with 96 local Nigerian partners, equipping them to improve internal processes and broaden their support. Pact is carrying out two significant USAID-funded projects in Nigeria: one that focuses on HIV prevention and care in nine states, with special attention to children at risk of the infection, and another that works with local governments to improve their capacity, transparency and delivery of services to consituents.
- Provides support to all projects under the supervision of the Country Director.
- BA / B.Sc in Social Science, Statistics, Demography, or another related field.
- At least 1 year of progressively working with INGO.
- Experience in doing literature searches/desk review of documents to tease out relevant information for evidence-based decision making.
- Ability to write reports in English and communicating results clearly using graphs, charts, and other visuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Proficiency with MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Fluency in English language and the local language.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Possess positive attitude, Self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker, confident in dealing with people.
- Provide support in data collection and database maintenance/management to track progress towards meeting project goals and objectives
- Ensure routine data entry and analysis of field data, and creation of tables and graphics for the end of project report.
- Assist in the adaptation of existing Pact Nigeria monitoring tools, as well as propose new way of measuring change using both quantitative and qualitative data collection tools.
- Provide support to projects with data management and development tools and processes.
- Support Project teams to develop monthly report, with strong emphasis on highlighting results of intervention.
- Provide relevant program, administrative and logistics support for meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops, and special projects.
- Maintains program files (both electronic and hard copies) in manner that allows for ease of access and use.
- Support the program team in carrying out MERL activities.
- Assist in ensuring that project activities proceed in a timely and successful manner.
- Assist with desk review of existing assessments reports, identify and fill information gaps.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
New Business Role:
- Support in the research and identifying of development trends, prospects and growth opportunities.
- Support in the provision of data to for new business endeavours.
Deadline: 11th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume / CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
Important Information / Notice
- All CV / Resume / Applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants Must indicate the position applied for on the Subject of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.