Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Monguno) at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Identification Number: 5369
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Duration of Contract: 8 months renewable
Grade: 5 (In NRC’s grading structure)
Reporting Line: Field Coordinator Monguno, Nigeria
- To be successful in the position will entail strong organizational ability, excellent team working and relation-building skills, good cultural awareness, and sensitivity of location with strong data management and analytical skills including MS Offices.
- Previous working experience and proficiency in using ArcGIS, Stata, Nvivo, CAPI systems (Kobo/ODK/CSpro), data visualization software (eg. Power BI) will be an added advantage.
- The preferred person will be an individual who is highly organized and has valuable working experience with international NGOs preferably in emergency and post-conflict contexts.
- The person should be comfortable working in a remote environment with good knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs.
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to plan and deliver results while ensuring the quality of program implementation are highly desirable.
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection as needed;
- Support data management in close collaboration with core competencies’ data assistants and the development of clear information flows between program and M&E staff, as needed;
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported in a timely manner to the technical M&E officer for quality checks and submission to the Area Manager and relevant program staff;
- Support the targeting and the registration of beneficiaries as needed;
- Supervise distributions in collaboration with program staff;
- Support post-distribution monitoring and related activities
- And any other duty that may be required.
We Are Looking For
- An individual with a proven record of accomplishment of developing effective data collection methodology and tools.
- Experience in data management and analysis with close collaboration with program teams
- Good working knowledge of data monitoring and timely reporting of data
- An individual with excellent knowledge and experience of using ArcGIS, Stata, Nvivo, CAPI systems (Kobo/ODK/CSpro), data visualization software in data analysis.
- Someone who is conversant with qualitative and qualitative data management methods and approaches.
- An approachable, trustworthy, and high integrity individual who will ensure high data integrity.
- Highly organized in planning and delivering results
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and work with various diverse program teams.
What’s In It For You?
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to Join a work?culture that empowers?every employee to share ideas and take responsibility:
- At NRC we think creatively. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face.?You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Learn on the job: NRC’s collaborative working style favours the exchange of good practice and lessons learnt. At NRC, employees learn on the job and are encouraged to look for opportunities to develop new competencies. NRC management prioritizes quality work and the competency development of their staff. This entails giving newcomers a good start, following up, training, and mentoring employees to allow them to perform well in their current job, offering learning and development programmes.
Application Closing Date
2:52 PM: 29th March, 2022.