Sonia Foods Nigeria Limited – We are one of Nigeria’s leading tomato paste manufacturers. The company is a recognized market leader in tomato paste production and other range of products like; Seasoning Cube, baking powder, Margarine Yeast, Dough Improver, Preservative, Vitasoy Milk Drink, Vitamax Cereal Drink.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Modern Trade Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- The Sales Manager (Modern Trade) is responsible for executing specific measures and actions in the Modern Trade Business category to achieve the planned volume for the year through a robust sales and distribution system.
- He/she should achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products to new and existing clients in different outlets.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with an inside- out knowledge of modern trade & a proven track record of handling Tier 1, Tier 2 supermarkets e.g. Shoprite, Spar, etc.
Purpose of Role
- The Manager, Modern Trade is a sales role with primary responsibility for leading and managing Modern Trade – comprising Key Accounts, both On and Off Trade. Key account management is needed to shift perceptions from a commodity to a value-add and partner relationship.
- Manage a set of key accounts at the HQ level along with commercial relationships. KPI’s are Net Sales Value (NSV), Market share, and innovation targets.
Barriers to Success:
- Unable to mobilize & energize around visions
- Inability to translate business goals into specific territory objectives
- Uncomfortable in pushing back on others
- Inability to manage own time & work-load.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 8 – 10 years Sales and/or Customer Marketing and Brand Knowledge experience
- A strong and broad track record in Commercial with experience of leading strategic planning with customers and P&L/financial data accountability.
- Good track record with translating strategy into action.
- Influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- HND / University Degree with a strong track record in Sales, preferably in selling either within or outside the Beverage industry or Food products. Particularly critical is previous experience in account management or other customer-facing roles.
- Prior experience working for FMCG is an added advantage
Deadline: 20th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.