Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Government of Japan Internship Program 2020
Therefore, METI Japan Internship Program will facilitate strengthening the structure for tackling overseas development of Japanese (Small and Medium-Sized) companies through accepting foreign university students and global talent. This year, in view of the new coronavirus, we conduct online internships (telework-type internships) that do not involve traffic of the people and aim to achieve the following results.
Persons who satisfy all the following requirements are eligible to apply.
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office.(5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in internship in accordance with the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2019.
- 1. Daily allowance (as expense of lunch, drinks and commuting from your accommodation to Satellite Office) will be paid by local currency worth of 1200 yen per activity day.
- 2. Internship insurance
- 3. PC, Lan , WIFI settings and office telephone at Satellite Office.(Mobile phone expense will be paid by intern him/her self .)
Responsibility for Interns
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation.
- Engaging in internship during the designated period.
- Strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and health thoroughly. Contact with the Program Office and the host company regularly, continually reporting or consulting with them.
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during internship period but also before and after the internship.
- Appropriate behavior required as a recipient of public funds from Japanese government.
- Only one group: From 1st December to 23th December,2020/ From 18th January,2021 to 3rd February,2021 (Duration 30 days) (New Year’s holiday: from 24th December,2020 to 17th January,2021)
For More Information and to apply:
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2020