Therefore, METI Japan Internship Program will facilitate strengthening the structure for tackling overseas development of Japanese (Small and Medium-Sized) companies through accepting foreign university students and global talent. This year, in view of the new coronavirus, we conduct online internships (telework-type internships) that do not involve traffic of the people and aim to achieve the following results.
Persons who satisfy all the following requirements are eligible to apply.
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office.(5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in internship in accordance with the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2019.
- 1. Daily allowance (as expense of lunch, drinks and commuting from your accommodation to Satellite Office) will be paid by local currency worth of 1200 yen per activity day.
- 2. Internship insurance
- 3. PC, Lan , WIFI settings and office telephone at Satellite Office.(Mobile phone expense will be paid by intern him/her self .)
Responsibility for Interns
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation.
- Engaging in internship during the designated period.
- Strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and health thoroughly. Contact with the Program Office and the host company regularly, continually reporting or consulting with them.
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during internship period but also before and after the internship.
- Appropriate behavior required as a recipient of public funds from Japanese government.
- Only one group: From 1st December to 23th December,2020/ From 18th January,2021 to 3rd February,2021 (Duration 30 days) (New Year’s holiday: from 24th December,2020 to 17th January,2021)
For More Information and to apply:
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2020