Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In a disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Intern
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2020/00032
Location: Biu, Borno
- The ICT Intern will be part of the larger Operations team in Biu and will provide support and contribute to the work of the Mercy Corps Biu field office to maintain the current IT system and ensure the proper functioning of equipment and network to meet office needs and demands in coordination and synchronizing system with the IT System Administrator.
Service will include:
- Assisting with troubleshooting computer hardware and software
- Requesting desk phone service activations and mobile phones configurations
- Ad hoc end-user support via email, IM, phone or in-person
- Ensuring requests are properly opened, resolved in a timely manner, documented and closed in the ticketing system
- Assisting with cloning and Software installations and configurations
- Setting up computer workstations
- Setting up teleconference & video conference meetings
- Other similar duties as assigned by Supervisor
- A University Degree or equivalent with a focus on Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Hausa are required. Any additional work languages would be an advantage.
- Experience in and/or understanding of Computer (laptop/desktop), hardware and software, Microsoft Office suite.
Technical and behavioral competencies:
- Good level of ICT proficiency, particularly with Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, Adobe products and other popular applications is highly desirable
- Knowledge of ICT Behavioural competencies, Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in multi-cultural settings; and
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a small team, and doing so in a well-organized manner and exercising sound judgment.
- Knowledge on general computer repairs and hardware and software troubleshooting would be desirable
- Familiarity with networking, telephony, tele/video conferencing, smartphone hardware and software (iOS, Android, etc.) and mobile phone service technologies
- Knowledge of Service Desk ticketing systems would be an advantage
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally s/he will have previous experience in similar position working in large-scale organization, conscientious with high work ethics.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions:
- This position is based in Biu and will require travel to communities in and around Biu, Hawul and Kwaya Kusar when required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Applications Deadline 19th June, 2020.