MEL / HMIS Specialist – IHP Nigeria at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEL / HMIS Specialist – IHP Nigeria, TO7
Job ID: req13309
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Project Overview and Role
- The Integrated Health Project (IHP) aims to strengthen local capacity and systems to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality in target states, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary healthcare.
- The HMIS Specialist shall be based at strategically located Local Government Health Authorities (LGHAs). This position will be based in Federal Capital Territory Nigeria.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates data collection at project states offices to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data, and leads activities to support HMIS strengthening at LGA level;
- Collaborates with other partnering implementers on alignment of data collection, analysis, and results reporting;
- Oversees the data migration and reconstruction efforts with the facility, LGAs, SMOH, and other stakeholders on the ground;
- Facilitates training surveys and ensures quality of data and data management activities at the facility level;
- Trains staff on database (HMIS) and answers questions related to the system.
- Reports to Senior M&E/HMIS Advisor at ACO and supervised by Senior MEL Manager
- The HMIS Specialist will have some experience and up-to-date knowledge and skills in M&E and MIS for health systems and healthcare provision.
- S/he must be familiar with NHMIS / DHIS2, HMIS data context at the State level and working with health facilities and LGA for data collection, reporting and use.
- S/he should have experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Demography, Biostatistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field. A Master’s Degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible for reporting health services data using standard tools and software. Familiarity with NHMIS and DHIS2 is required.
- Familiarity with USAID / International indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with relevant government partners, USAID, other Donors, and implementing partners.
- Good verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
Application Closing Date