Medical Laboratory Technologist at Atlantic Hall School
Atlantic Hall School is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technologist
- The Medical Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for performing routine medical or clinical laboratory examinations for the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of disease
- Administers tests of blood, bodily fluids, and tissue in an attempt to assist physicians in treating and diagnosing ailments.
- Analyzing laboratory reports for accuracy
- Operating and calibrating of medical equipment
- Delivering test results to doctors on duty
- Collects and prepares samples from patients.
- Performs basic assigned tests in a timely fashion according to set Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Prepares required reagents, media, solutions and stains following established formulas and techniques
- Organize work by sorting specimens, matching work orders with specimen labels, checking and logging specimens correctly and accurately.
- Prepares monthly reports of tests carried out and the cost per patient.
- Responsible for ongoing enhancement of professional competency by participating in relevant CPD/CME Trainings.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities promptly in a professional, empathetic manner with an understanding of and respect for patients? rights.
- Collects and compiles requests of reagents from the Lab; review them against the Unit’s stock.
- Conducts monthly check on needed and / or expired reagents & consumables inventory; submits report to the HOD, Clinic for appropriate action.
- Submits list of required reagents and other items to the HOD, Clinic at the end of each term.
- Conducts and / or supervises the cleaning of instruments and work-benches; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly at all times.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate from a recognized School of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience (post qualification) as a Medical Laboratory Technologist with ability to carry out various laboratory tests without supervision.
- Candidate must understand quality control and quality assurance requirements and follow policies to validate test results.
- Must be registered with a practicing license.
- Familiarity and experience with use of microscopy, Haematology analyzers, centrifuges, electrophoresis machine, etc.
- Prior experience working in private or government hospital setting.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Microscope to examine slides of blood, urine, stools, etc.
- Attention to details, organization and problem solving skills
- High level of proactivity and ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High sense of commitment, responsibility and accountability
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work under pressure including taking alternate weekend call duty.
Deadline:20th July 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.