Medical Laboratory Scientist at The Children’s Practice
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Ideal candidate should be inquiring, empathetic, patient and reliable, and have an understanding of laboratory safety procedures and the ability to follow them.
- He / She should be able to work as part of a team, and communicate effectively.
- Good knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD).
- Validate and report the results of tests performed
- Able to meet Turnaround time and in conformance with applicable confidentiality requirements
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice.
- Attend all trainings as required by the hospital, relevant national policies and Laboratory Practice license requirements
- Research and develop new procedures as required.
- Perform all tasks, duties, and tests related to laboratory services
- Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge
- Perform quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, procedures, etc
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science degree (BMLS).
- Must be registered with a practicing license.
- Knowledge in the use of Standard Operating Procedures in the field.
- Computer literate.
- Must be patient and polite.
- Dignity and privacy of patients must be safeguarded.
- Candidate must place the well-being and service of patients above own interest.
- Must be accountable for the quality and integrity of laboratory services.
- Knowledge in the handling of laboratory equipment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email