Job Title: Medical Lab Scientist
Roles and Responsibilities
• Good knowledge of laboratory equipment
• Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
• Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD).
• Perform all tasks, duties, and tests related to laboratory services
• Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge
• Perform quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, procedures, etc
• Validate and report the results of tests performed
• Able to meet Turnaround time and in conformance with applicable confidentiality requirements
• Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice.
• Attend all trainings as required by the hospital, relevant national policies and Laboratory Practice license requirements
• Research and develop new procedures as required.
• Min required experience: At least 2 years post-NYSC working experience
• Min Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
• Must have post-NYSC working experience.
• Must be registered with a practicing license.
• Knowledge in the handling of laboratory equipment.
• Computer literate.
• Knowledge in the use of Standard Operating Procedures in the field.
• BMLS /AMLSCN certificate will be an added advantage.
Skills and Qualities:
• Aptitude for biology and chemistry.
• Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
• A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
• A responsible and mature approach to their work.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
• A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as supervise the work of junior staff in the laboratory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letters to “The Hiring Consultant” via topixhealthconsulting@gmail.
• The subject of the email should be the position sought for.
8th October 2020.