Medical Doctor at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts
- The Alliance for International Medical Action is recruiting for the position of Medical Doctor for its project in Monguno
- Provide outpatient and / or inpatient medical care to patients / beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, ALIMA protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients / beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting ALIMA protocols and health care standards.
- Ensure ongoing training of the paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all ALIMA medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- He or she is subject to professional secret and respect the confidentiality of all situations encountered in the course of his work.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following ALIMA protocols and health care standards, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Education: MBBS
- Experience: Essential 3-5 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work. Experience with NGO desirable. Nutrition experience is an asset.
- Languages: English language essential. Local language desirable.
- Knowledge: Essential Computer literacy (word, excel).
- Skills: Results, teamwork, team management, commitment, flexibility, commitment, stress management
- Respect and compliance to ALIMA’s and other applicable local security policies.
National Pay Scale.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.