Media & Partnerships Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media & Partnerships Manager
Reference ID: JR1060756
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Role
- The role is accountable for leading connections planning, media strategy and development of our media participation model, as well as managing and delivering productivity savings across our portfolio.
- Integrated Marketing Communication Development: lead local media agency partners to amplify the brands’ core creative idea into key connection points with emphasis on media (paid). Apply best media practices from global/regional sources and implement emerging media frameworks
- Media / Asset Strategy Development: partner with Brand team, Procurement team, Consumer Connections team and agency partners to optimize media investment strategies and plans. Analyse media impact on core brand & business metrics; develop and implement media strategy, ultimately generating greater effectiveness and efficiencies of our IMC plans
- Agency Relationship Management: Lead media agency relationship, managing resource allocation and quality control (timing, cost, creative delivery). Maintains contacts within the media industry. Participate in the negotiation and maintains relationship with media suppliers.
- Plan Execution: Lead to full execution of media plans within IMC plans—ensuring clear links to core creative idea and leveraging brand strategies. Manage clear processes/routines with key partners (e.g. media owners, brand ambassadors, agencies, etc.) to ensure plans are executed on time/ in-budget and coordinated across key constituents as needed. Manage clear execution and related “post-mortems”.
- Seek and secure Portfolio partnership opportunities that deliver incremental value and create competitive advantage for Guinness Nigeria portfolio of brands
- Pursue Innovation – Anticipates future trends and generate in collaboration with media partners new or unique solutions that support the achievement of GN brands ambition to be most salient no 1 for emotion in our key battle ground.
- University Degree in any of the numeric disciplines / Marketing or other related discipline preferred though not essential.
- 5-6 years’ experience either within an FMCG organization with a media planning, sponsorship & key media assets focus, or a media agency background
- Proficient-Expert level in media analytics to identify and optimize media investment strategies and plans to connect with our consumers. Analyze media impact on core brand metrics and business metrics.
- Proficient-Expert level in leveraging financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively.
- Proficient-Expert level in measuring financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings