Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Ongoing Job Vacancy – Apply Now!
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator Assistant
Location: Jega, Kebbi
Open to: Open to all residents of Nigeria
Contract Period: Definite (5 Months)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
Context Specific Accountabilities:
- The MSF project in Kebbi is a new project. MSF, as a medical organization will work on mainly primary health care (malnutrition and Integrated community care management). As the project is a new project in the area, the activities will evolve. The project coordinator will need to be flexible in terms of activities and in the geographical area of work.
- The PC assistant develop and maintain the stakeholder’s network together with the Project coordinator in order for MSF to have the necessary contacts to insure the activities.
- The PC assistant follow the news and the different context update and inform the PC.
- He provides support analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes is provided
- The PC assistant does oral and/ or written translation when needed and provide cultural / local information when needed.
- Conduct cultural briefings on the project context to new employees.
- The list above is not exhaustive, it is a summary, the activities will evolve according to the need.
- Candidates should possess a B.A in relevant fields.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copies of relevant certificates to: [email protected] using “Application for Project Coordinator Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Submit Hardcopy to:
CV BOX – De Blue Guest Inn Warehouse.
Application Deadline: 27th March, 2022.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview;
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.